I could use some help...

Options
skwhatley
skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
So frustrated! I'm wanting, actually wanting to cook healthy foods but everything I've looked up so far seems hard and I am quite domestically challenged. I need some easy to cook, healthy foods. Oh, and it's just me so the less servings the better! Thanks!

Replies

• lisav6
    lisav6 Posts: 56
    Options
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    there is a forum on here for recipes too I love to cook and usually make up my own stuff
  • mmcgille
    mmcgille Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is crockpot chicken tacos. Put frozen chicken breasts into a crockpot, pour a jar of salsa and black beans on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours). When it's done, the chicken will easily shred with a fork. It's very flavorful and filling! I add lots of veggies (usually sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms), lettuce and tomatoes. It's something easy to put in the crockpot before work, and by the time I get home, dinner is about ready!
  • ag2ut
    ag2ut Posts: 20
    Options
    I never really cooked before, but I've found www.thegraciouspantry.com to be a HUGE help. Lots of healthy recipes, many are few easy and use ingredients that aren't that hard to find, and every single thing I've tried so far is delicious. The blogger just launched a new site called http://uncomplicatedcooking.com/, which speaks for itself.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a cook either...but I've been I'm slowly learning. Frozen fish filets (tilapia and salmon) are super easy to cook stovetop or in your oven. I made a super easy 220 cal lunch today using 1 tbsp of butter, garlic salt, dried rosemary, juice from half a lemon and pepper. Just sauté it in a pan on the stove, throw in your defrosted fish and 5 mins later it's done. After the fish was done, I sautéed raw zucchini in the leftover juices. Soooo good.