Very sad NSV :(

Options
So I lost about 65 pounds so far and as a result my wedding ring was spinning around my finger . Decided many times to go to the jewelry store to tighten it but got busy with life until we went for a vacation and while I was playing Volleyball with husband and kids my ring flew in the air and fell down on the grass and guess what... we spent about 2 hours looking for it but Unfortunately we couldn't find it so what do you think about this sad NSV?

Replies

• FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What does N S V stand for?

And Im sorry, that stinks about your ring. My ring is one of my favorite, most valuable, possessions. But again, it is only material. And whats more important is your health.

Celebrate losing the weight and go out and buy a better ring!
  • jkrau37
    jkrau37 Posts: 11
    Options
    Great weight loss - quite sad losing a precious item, have you thought of borrowing a metal detector? It should detect the gold and metal in you ring. Just a thought.
  • ReinaLorenz
    ReinaLorenz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    buy a metal detector and find it
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Go back with a metal detector before it gets mowed over. Or even using a flashlight at night may work bc it'll glint. File a report with the local police station, or notify management if it was at an establishment. Other than that, I am sorry. That really sucks. Congrats on the weight loss though. Hopefully your husband will be too distracted by your hotness to notice. Haha
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    Ditto the metal detector. Congrats, and good luck!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

And Im sorry, that stinks about your ring. My ring is one of my favorite, most valuable, possessions. But again, it is only material. And whats more important is your health.

non scale victory
  • macsgirl526
    Options

Non scale victory. :smile:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    metal detector and a flash light in the dark! good luck.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry! You have some good advice though. If you can get back over there sometime soon... And I like the flashlight idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. I hope you find it soon.
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory :)

Congrats on the loss...but sorry to hear about the ring. I agree with everyone else...a metal detector might be the way to go. Maybe you can rent one?
  • Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Had to get ring guards put on my wedding rings. Sorry that you lost it.
  • purpleroses1021
    purpleroses1021 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Neither my husband or can wear our wedding rings any more. we decided to take them off and buy new ones once we reach our final goals. I hope you find your and either put it on a chain, or leave it at home safe. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Is the beach close by? Perhaps you can get a metal detector and go search for it again? I'm very sorry that this happened for you.
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    oh no. How sad. I almost lost my wedding ring out the car window one day. Luckily it dropped inside and under the seat. It is currently on the other hand until I get it resized.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    That's very sad :frown: I hope your able to find it. My rings don't fit anymore either, I almost lost my wedding a few times then decided to just put it away, then just resize it went I get to my GW
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I stopped wearing mine months ago for this reason. I'm not going to lose it. Eventually I'll go get it resized.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    Hey, when you get it back, I've heard that one of things you can do in the meantime (before you get it taken in) is wrap yarn around it :smile:
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    oh no. How sad. I almost lost my wedding ring out the car window one day. Luckily it dropped inside and under the seat. It is currently on the other hand until I get it resized.

This... I bought a $8 silver ring that I wear on my wedding ring finger, since the wedding band only fits on the other hand. If I have to wear the wedding ring on my ring finger, I "lock" it on there with the silver ring, since they're both a white metal.

That is a sad NSV though. Hopefully you find it. :(
  • jonelaw
    jonelaw Posts: 28
    Options
    So sorry! I empathize...that happened to me in January! Unfortunately, I never did find mine. When we brought my engagement ring to the jeweler to be resized (thankfully I didn't lose that one too!), my husband surprised me with a sapphire enhancer for my engagement ring as an anniversary gift. Can't replace the sentimental value though. Hopefully the metal detector idea works for you!
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your ring. I still remember when I was pregnant and had to get mine sized up. Hoping to soon need to go to the jewelers and have it sized down, maybe I'll have my husband buy me a small anniversary band to wear in front of it to keep it on. Haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!