Month Long Workout Motivation for August

Options
cpk44
cpk44 Posts: 33 Member
Welcome!!!
This is a new idea of mine. I've been needing some motivation to work out lately. I'm very competitive so I figured a little friendly competition would get me motivated to work out.

The Basic Idea:

I've made a google spreadsheet document with a segment for each day in August. Once August starts, at the end of each day, each person will put in the number of minutes they worked out that day. The document will do the math for you, and tell you the total number of minutes you've worked out so far in August. That way you can keep track, and compare yourself to the others on the spreadsheet.

BUT THATS NOT IT! If you decide to join, I will also assign you a house. Because I love Harry Potter, I've stolen the four original houses and they are Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Gryffindor. The total number of minutes that everyone in, say, Hufflepuff, will be the house total. So if person X has worked out 200 minutes and person Y has worked out 350 minutes and they are the only ones in Hufflepuff, the Hufflepuff house total will be 550 minutes. At the end of the month, the house with the highest number of minutes will win the house cup.

Basically, it's a fun, motivating competition. I don't know if anyone is actually interested, but hopefully people are! I promise to run the spreadsheet and stay on top of that, as well as work out!

HOW YOU CAN BE INVOLVED:
- Either send me a message or reply to this forum and then friend me. Please only join if you think you will participate for the whole month.
- Requests to be included in specific houses will be taken into consideration, although eventually I would like an even number of people in each house
- If you are really good at using Google Docs, please let me know because I am terrible with a computer and the document right now is pretty basic

Although we wont start until August, here is a link to the document if you want to take a look: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiBGw0-uHWqhdFJDNVJHZTR0c0VISWJDNU9xMTREYUE#gid=1

Message me/ reply to this post with any questions, comments or concerns.

Cheers!

-cpk44

Replies