Clothes?

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Goodwill and second hand shops are wonderful things. That's where my kids get all their clothes. When you grow out of them (in the right direction!) donate them back.

Dresses are more forgiving of weight loss than pants. And great for the summer.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I had to splurge and go shopping last week. I only bought one pair of jeans and three new shirts (on sale). I just felt the need to feel good about the changes at least one day a week instead of looking like I'm wearing a trash bag. It definitely makes a difference.
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have to wait for my birthday in October and Xmas for new clothes due to all monies being sucked up by credit cards and student loans. It means I have to shop with my MIL. :grumble:

See this is me I'm a recently single mom, with crazy student loans and trying to fix credit issues my ex-husband left me with, so anything I spend on myself normally comes from tax refunds or property tax refunds (Sept). I'm going to take my mom with me to Savers Tues (or it might be Wed) where she can get everything 50% off. Thanks guys on the suggestions. I think I will just keep my work pants and try to find a belt I can wear I have a metal allergy so belts normally make my stomach break out :-( I could go with the grunge look and use a string ;-P
  • klmrphy
    klmrphy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    See if there is a Goodwill Bargain Barn near you. It's where they send the stuff that doesn't sell on the floor and you can purchase clothes by the pound. I got five long-sleeved t-shirts, a pair of pants and a skirt for $5 and some change. Also, since you have a metal allergy, I use a long scarf or ribbon (wide for pants, thinner for a tunic) as a belt pretty frequently.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Maxi dresses. That's what I'm living in all summer. They're flowy enough so no matter what I lose, they'll still look good.
  • skpstone
    skpstone Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Frankly, this is a good problem to have :)
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good problem to have. I had some pants tailored waist reduced. Was so excited about that. Spent a couple hundred bucks on existing clothing. Then I lost another 20 pounds. So all that was wasted. So decide where you are going to stop losing weight before you forge ahead is my suggestion. Ended up buying new stuff over time. But most guys have minimal wardrobe requirements, particularly here in the South. So good luck with your weight loss and redecorating your closet.
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    I have this same problem. I buy clothes and a month or two later and they sag on me. I'd stay with the ones you have for the current season and buy new ones in the fall. I did this last summer. I was falling out of my shorts by the end of summer, but then I saved all summer and bought all new fall clothing and it lasted me till mid winter. Plus, you'll get more bang for your buck because you will be even smaller then.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Do you know any one that would take in your clothes? Last Aug, my hubby and I bought a house. We had to do SO MUCH work it in. All the priming, painting, etc and I lost about 7 lbs (not complaining LOL) and I had my mom take in all of my work pants! (What's a seamstress!).

Goodwill is great too. We donate lots of our clothes also! I would suggest getting a few pairs of versatile shorts/skirts (which ever you're more comfortable in) (beige, black, jean) and a pair of jeans or pants. They will go with everything and anything! Good luck and congrats on your weight loss! Have a fun vacation, too! :smile:
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had bariatric surgery and her doctor's office hosts clothing exchanges. I've gone with her, since they don't really monitor whether or not you're a patient. You might want to check with places like that in your area, as well as the previous posters' suggestions. I have the best luck at Goodwill and TJMaxx and Macy's clearance. When I was heavier, I would try ebay, but lately, I am not having a lot of luck.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Find a tailor....it's the most economical solution and you will love the way your "new" clothes will fit!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough that when I got to that point a lady at the gym had just put up an advertisement she was selling her clothes that didn't fit anymore. If you can't get that lucky buy a few nice things. It's a treat to go shopping and see how awesome you look in the proper size clothes. I broke down.
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Sell your clothes on eBay Buy new ones at a thrift store. Only buy a few things to get you through. No matter what celebrate and buy at least one new thing
  • Stasha17
    Stasha17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thrifty store! Dont Judge. I've been losing all summer and my business clothes are saggy and falling off. I was able to buy a new wardrobe for work for under 30 dollars. And the clothes still had tags on them. New slacks and blazers. All it needed was a dry cleaning and I was good to go.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    While i was losing weight i went to goodwill and bought clothes. 6 bucks for a pair of jeans when you only wear them 1-2 months. When you have alot of weight to lose you cant afford to buy new clothes every couple months.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    How about taking the really baggy clothes to goodwill to see if you can get money to shop at goodwill.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Thrifty store! Dont Judge. I've been losing all summer and my business clothes are saggy and falling off. I was able to buy a new wardrobe for work for under 30 dollars. And the clothes still had tags on them. New slacks and blazers. All it needed was a dry cleaning and I was good to go.

I clean homes and one of my wealthy clients nows that I like to go to yard sales, so he sharred his new find "Good Will " he found a lot of name brand golf shirts and shorts. Some with orginal price tags on them.
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    I resold clothes that I bought at Goodwill on eBay for 8years. I found new with tags name brand clothes all the time. I also found things like aDolce and Gabana dress. That cost me. $4.75 and it sold one bay for$115.00. Do not underestimate the thrift store.
  • melclare10
    melclare10 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    we should start an weight loss clothes trade off. If anyone is interested we could get together and start a group.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Buy dresses and a few fashion belts!! They will carry you through a couple sizes and the fashion belts will cinch the waist as you loose so you don't get a baggy look!! In the summer as you're loosing - it's the perfect option!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!