Olympics

Options
Although not really a fitness and exercise topic as such I just couldn't contain my excitement - I've got tickets to the Olympics!!! :smile: Not going down to London though - just staying in my home town to watch a football match.

The olympics should be a good motivation tool for me

Replies

• Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Definitely!

I saw the torch on Sunday and you just can't help but to get excited and inspired :-)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting the tickets! The olympics aways inspire hope and so many good feelings!
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm getting excited myself. For some reason I appreciate the olympics more and more each year. It really is inspiring to hear some of the stories of these athletes. I'm keeping an eye on Queen Underwood, lightweight women's boxing, team USA. :happy:
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Have fun and enjoy to the fullest!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have tickets to the mens football final at Wembley, mens pairs synchronised diving final at the new aquatic centre and mens 400 m final in the main arena.

I live locally and I am hoping that it will be worth all the local disruption.

On a side note, I went past the olympic village on a bus today (someone decided to throw themselves under a train this morning) and a lot of the athletes have put flags up in their apartments and it looks great :bigsmile:
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have tickets to the mens football final at Wembley, mens pairs synchronised diving final at the new aquatic centre and mens 400 m final in the main arena.

I live locally and I am hoping that it will be worth all the local disruption.

On a side note, I went past the olympic village on a bus today (someone decided to throw themselves under a train this morning) and a lot of the athletes have put flags up in their apartments and it looks great :bigsmile:

Wow - very jealous of those tickets - they're fantastic! I'm up in Newcastle, I passes the swiss team on Sunday morning while out and about, they were all in their track suits - was very impressed
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    my son and I have a tradition that we 'camp out' (matresses in the lounge, tv on all night) during Olympics. Even better this year my job is to monitor the Olympics streaming on tv - YAY!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm getting excited myself. For some reason I appreciate the olympics more and more each year. It really is inspiring to hear some of the stories of these athletes. I'm keeping an eye on Queen Underwood, lightweight women's boxing, team USA. :happy:

I agree!!! I love Queen Underwood!