Enough Calories Without Going Over Elsewhere???

Options
So, here is my situation, which happens to me often. After several weeks of not losing, I upped my cal intake to 1600. However, on most days, I am over my "goals" in carbs, or sugars, or some other area, before even reaching 1600 cals. I'm not sure how to address this. I am eating fairly well, very little junk. How do I get in more cals without hurting myself in other areas. I just cannot find the right balance. Please help! My diary is open! I am working my butt off with Jillian Michael's BOdy Revolution, and NOT LOSING!!! UGHHHH!:cry:

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the sugar - the only thing I saw that stood out was the maple & brown sugar instant oatmeal - those packets are typically loaded with sugar, and you'd be better off making your own oatmeal and controlling what's added to it. Fresh fruit and a little honey will add sweetness and be much healthier.

As for sodium, any processed meats are loaded with it - lunchmeats, the pre-seasoned turkey burger are both culprits of high sodium. So are chips of any sort. Hard to cut those out, I know - sodium has been an issue for me as well, but cutting back on those things helps a lot, along with drinking plenty of water each day, especially on salty days. Check your salad dressings too, they are sometimes high in sodium and sugars as well.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the sugar - the only thing I saw that stood out was the maple & brown sugar instant oatmeal - those packets are typically loaded with sugar, and you'd be better off making your own oatmeal and controlling what's added to it. Fresh fruit and a little honey will add sweetness and be much healthier.

As for sodium, any processed meats are loaded with it - lunchmeats, the pre-seasoned turkey burger are both culprits of high sodium. So are chips of any sort. Hard to cut those out, I know - sodium has been an issue for me as well, but cutting back on those things helps a lot, along with drinking plenty of water each day, especially on salty days. Check your salad dressings too, they are sometimes high in sodium and sugars as well.

Thanks Amy! I'll stop doing the oatmeal. Also, what can I replace deli meats with for sandwiches? I like quick things. LOL! I do drink plenty of water, that's all I drink, with green tea occasionally. Thanks for your advice!
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You could have a hummus with spinach, lean turkey breast, tuna with low fat salad cream instead of deli meats as a sandwich filling.
  • tocara
    tocara Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You could cook chicken breasts in advance and have them in your sandwiches.... or any other type of meat too of course.
  • allirep
    allirep Posts: 26
    Options
    cut back on carbs - take all the things you would have eaten on a sandwich and make a salad instead. quick and easy. mixing a little oil and vinegar (or just using salsa) as a dressing will eliminate those extra cals too.

i put cold cuts on some lettuce. add some blueberries, walnuts and a little cheese. viola!