Pure Protein- High protein bar chocolate deluxe

Options

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread. I'm on the fence as to whether I want to invest in protein powder or bars. Bars seem so much more convenient.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thanks everyone- maybe i'll try them all out to decide which one I like the best. Unfortunately today i'm stuck with this pure protein ones- I bought two thinking they couldn't be THAT bad. I haven't even made it thru the first one. lol

If they are that horrid, don't choke the second one down. Either give it to someone else or just trash it. I would rather waste $1 than gag something down!
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Agree. The strawberry one tastes like pie. Honestly.

I also just found The Zone Bars... chocoalte/peanut butter. It honestly tastes like a candy bar. :)

Must try this...soon.
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter is good - I like to put them in the fridge and then eat it about 5 minutes after you pull one out but even if just out of the box I find them to be the best flavor so far.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread. I'm on the fence as to whether I want to invest in protein powder or bars. Bars seem so much more convenient.

No problem- I actually have powder (but i'm in the middle of moving and they are packed away somewhere) so I figured i'd try the bars....Just looking for one that I can actually stomach!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY HORRID TASTE. Any suggestions on protein bars that are actually TASTY....or at least don't taste like soil?? :sick:

OMG! I just bought a box of these because they were the cheapest. I showed my kids the difference between the bar and the picture on the box. "Eating soil" is an excellent way to describe it.

I also noticed the box says: "For best results drink 8 fl. ounces of water or other liquid with this bar." NO JOKE!
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the zone perfect bars. The only flavor I like is the Dark Chocolate with almond/raisin, it smells and tastes like amerretto(sp?). I have one almost every morning! They sell single protein bars too at walmart if you are looking to test drive different ones. Good luck, way to go and all that happy stuff - lol :)
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    The Pure protein chocolate peanut butter is yummy!

The chewy chocolate chip one is even better! :bigsmile:
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I know you can order Quest online, is there anywhere that carries them in person?
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY HORRID TASTE. Any suggestions on protein bars that are actually TASTY....or at least don't taste like soil?? :sick:

OMG! I just bought a box of these because they were the cheapest. I showed my kids the difference between the bar and the picture on the box. "Eating soil" is an excellent way to describe it.

I also noticed the box says: "For best results drink 8 fl. ounces of water or other liquid with this bar." NO JOKE!

Hahaha, yeah I wish i'd seen the box. I stopped at rite- aid on the way into work this morning and picked up a couple single bars- didn't bother reading the packaging other than the nutritional values and saw it had 20 g of protein- figured it couldn't be that bad. But yes, definitely horrid.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thanks everyone- maybe i'll try them all out to decide which one I like the best. Unfortunately today i'm stuck with this pure protein ones- I bought two thinking they couldn't be THAT bad. I haven't even made it thru the first one. lol

If they are that horrid, don't choke the second one down. Either give it to someone else or just trash it. I would rather waste $1 than gag something down!

I wish I could be like that. I hate to waste anything. :flowerforyou:
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I bought this a few days ago for lunch and it was the most disgusting thing EVER!!
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My Hubby bought the peanut butter and chocolate for me ... the peanut butter were ok. but I thought I was going to vomit eating the chocolate one. When I told him how gross it was, he laughed saying I was over reacting... but I am SO happy to hear I am not the only one!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I bought this a few days ago for lunch and it was the most disgusting thing EVER!!

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who thinks so.... It took me like 20 mins to finish the dang thing. Ick. :-x
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Hahaha, yeah I wish i'd seen the box. I stopped at rite- aid on the way into work this morning and picked up a couple single bars- didn't bother reading the packaging other than the nutritional values and saw it had 20 g of protein- figured it couldn't be that bad. But yes, definitely horrid.

Well at least you only bought two. I bought a box of six! I do need the protein and I'm too short on cash to pitch them and buy something different. I will take the advice given earlier and take small bites with gulps of water in between.

I even considered using a knife and cutting them into pill-sized pieces and just swallowing them whole! :laugh:
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Think Thin, only they can be difficult to find. In New England they sell them at Hannaford's and Trader Joes, not sure where you live...They have no sugar and taste AMAZING!
  • malindaja
    malindaja Posts: 29
    Options
    i like the think thin brownie crunch! They taste good.

Amazon runs good deals all the time.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Pure Protein Revolution bar, its pretty good and tastes similar to a candy bar. I also really like the Met-RX Protein Plus bars, the creamy cookie crisp being my favorite. They're relatively low in sugar (7g), and come with 30g of protein. Like a few other people said, Clif bars are good too, but they do have alot of sugar.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Chewy Chocolate chip and Chocolate Peanut Butter for the win! Although my favorite has to be Chocolate Peanut Butter.
  • risingsprings
    risingsprings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm actually in love w/ the Atkins bars.....the one is actually close to a rice krispy type bar w/ a drizzle of chocolate.....I ONLY get the ones that are 15+ grams of protein....They are so perfect for me -- low carbs, low sugars, yet a good bit of protein. The peanut butter one is a bit "drier" so I stay away from that, but like I said....this one is tops for me...