60 Pounds by January. Possible?

Options
I am wanting to loose 60 pounds by January. I am just wondering if this is an unrealistic goal to have? I currently log everything and am walking everyday and doing the 30DS as well as the elliptical. But I guess the number seems so large that I am wondering if i am setting my self up for failure. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to do this, if even possible?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• fatasstobadass
    fatasstobadass Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's very possible, if you're serious.

Make sure your diet is under 2000 calories and make sure you work it out!

Good luck!
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Im aiming to lose about the same ammount but my goal is for a year from now....(1-2 lbs per week) that way if it goes faster yay! and if not slow and steady is still a good way to go.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Really depends how much you have to lose.. think the healthy number for most people is 2-4 lbs a month, but if you have a ton to lose and don't really workout or exercise.. then start exercising and start eating healthy, its possible you could drop a ton of weight.. you would have skin to deal with losing that much that fast though..
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I have it to lose for sure! My goal is 90 but I have lost 21 already.... I have been meeting my calorie intake everyday but most of the time i don't eat my exercise cals back....
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    We're more than half way though the year which means you would have to average almost 3lbs per week. This translates into a caloric deficit of approx 10,500 cal per week (1500 cal deficit each day). It sounds extreme to me.

A loss of 1 to 2lbs a week (depending on how much you have to lose) is more realistic. Have you estimated your TDEE? Try to shot for TDEE - 20% as your caloric goal - that way you should be able to eat a healthy balanced diet without feeling like you're starving to death and keep it up.
  • EWilliamson
    EWilliamson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think you can do it...maybe you should start with 30 at first though then just keep going! EAT and log it all down and WORKOUT and it should start to fall off :) I weight every single monday and I keep a journal! It really really helps! Hard to say NO sometimes but after you do your so much happier :) You can do it..just stay focused and away from all the temptations! GOOD LUCK :)
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    Really depends how much you have to lose.. think the healthy number for most people is 2-4 lbs a month, but if you have a ton to lose and don't really workout or exercise.. then start exercising and start eating healthy, its possible you could drop a ton of weight.. you would have skin to deal with losing that much that fast though..

I agree.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is too much,almost 3 a week. Just from experience I will tell you you cannot lose that weekly consistently. Leave room for error. I wouldn't make large goals like that, smaller goals has helped me. I've been on plan for 100 days, eat 1200-1400 a day and work out for 10 hours a week minimal and have lost 13 lbs. I have dropped major body fat percentage.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments! Something to think about for sure!
  • dannyjones26
    Options
    Definately possible i have lost 62lbs in just 9 weeks It takes a lot of dedication and self control but if i can do it any1 can wish you well on your journey Good luck
  • dannyjones26
    Options
    I will give you a real simple way of hitting this target not an easy way because this is not easy and well done for the 21 you have already lost.

DONT DIET

think about this a diet has to end then what happens? think lifestyle your diet is here to stay for life :sad: . simply train the way you are but remember change your workouts every 2 to 3 weeks because your body will get complacent if you don't.

20 mins bike on interval
    20 on elliptical interval
    20 rowing comfortable pace resistance level 4

then switch out the rowing for the treadmill 400 metres jogging then walk 400 metres again for around 20 mins

This for 6 weeks is a foundation for your body to change and make you suddenly realise your getting fit and you will want to push yourself the gym will become slightly addictive by this i mean if you dont go you will feel like crap because you crave the endorphins that your body releases after workingout you know what i mean that buzzy felling of accomplishment.

Eat clean foods i.e get rid of bread as much as possible i did completely at one point for around 6 months and any processed foods i.e sugars and fats together. saturates above 4.5g will hurt you stay away.

DONT BE SCARED TO EAT

If you dont eat enough he gym will be difficult and scales will not move FACT.

Eat frequently 300- 400 cals 5 x a day this is a lot of food but if it's clean weight will fall by eating frequently your body does not fall into that famished starving hungry feeling it's this feeling that makes eating right the last thing on our minds and you will eat the quickest easiest most highly calorific thing you can find and then feel like crap. OH LITTLE TIP if you get a sweet tooth at night get a 0%fat yoghurt instead of heading for a chocolate bar its usually simply something sugary we crave when we relax and unwind yoghurts are low in calories no fat but are really sweet it usually takes the craving away :wink:

Hope some of this helps or all it's just what worked for me

GOOD LUCK :happy:
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    We're more than half way though the year which means you would have to average almost 3lbs per week. This translates into a caloric deficit of approx 10,500 cal per week (1500 cal deficit each day).
    No we aren't. At least not around here.

Two pounds a week would put you at a little over 80 pounds lost by the end of the year. That's probably going to take a lot of exercise or a lot of early weight loss to average two pounds a week all the way down.

I've been losing well over two pounds a week, but I don't know how long that can go on.