The day after

Options
the day after a bad day. I find myself prolonging breakfast/food in general as long as possible the day after a bad food choice or calorie intake day. I'm not so sure that it's the best choice but mentaly it seems like a safe bet to stay away from it as long as possible.

How do you recover from a bad day hang over?

Replies

• reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    I usually cuss myself out and feel depressed. Don't delay breakfast, though! It could mess up your metabolism, from what I've heard.
    Bad days happen, so I try to forget them as soon as possible. Hang in there! We all mess up! And why not have a cheat day every once in a while?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    for the longest time I tried to make up for it the next day by limiting my calories but I just ended up over eating again. So what I do now is get a little exercise in the next day and eat my allotted calories but make sure they are healthy calories, lots of fruits and veggies and water. Keeps me from doing the same thing the next day.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bad day... i had a bad weekend. sucks. but, can't go back can only move forward. eat your breakfast.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to experience and move on. We all fall off the wagon now and again and 1 day is not going to set you back very much (if you went a little nuts on sodium you may notice a bit of a jump due to water retention).

If you're accustomed to eating breakfast delaying it may only make things harder for yourself as you end up feeling deprived.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a little extra water (because MY bad days are usually take out which is higher in sodium) ... and try to make Super-healthy food choices the next day. Here's the thing - your body does not reset at midnight - so you can absorb yesterdays not-so -great choices by adding in a little extra exercise in the days following and balance it out.

Its OK - forgive yourself and move on!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I generally suggest not trying to compensate for a bad day or weekend on the next day. No need to punish yourself or attempt to minimize the damage. Truthfully, your long term weight loss goals are made through long term actions. A single bad day or two here and there in the mix will not significantly set you back.

Unless you took in like 125,000 calories or something completely obscene.
  • jfornash
    jfornash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lots of Cardio.. you will feel better and reset for the week!
  • shortandfaithful
    Options

Unless you took in like 125,000 calories or something completely obscene.

LOL, imagine the possibilities.
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've been lucky in the 100 days that I have been here I have not had a bad day, but if I did I think I would eat less the following day which I know is not good. Maybe the best way to handle it is to hold your head up high and know that today is a new day and yesterday is history.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Bad days happen. Eat your breakfast and make better choices today.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Each day is a new chance to start over. I had what you would call a 'bad' day yesterday. I planned it ahead, so it doesn't have me down, but I was about 400 calories over maintenance yesterday. This morning I got up at 4:50, did my planned workout and ate my breakfast as normal. Yesterday has no bearing on what I do today.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If I'm feeling gross, usually I'll have a protein drink for breakfast and lunch, and a healthy meal for dinner. No snacks. It makes me feel better.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Even my "bad" days are so much healthier than they were before i started my current diet that I don't sweat them, literally I don't do anything special the next day just get back to my normal routine.
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    Exercise and lots of water :) and make sure you plan out your daily food in advance so you know you wont make a bad choice when it comes to mealtimes x
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My bad day usually turns into a few. When I do get back on track I don't eat my exercise calories back for a few days, I eat mostly fruit/veg and proteins, drink a **** ton of water and do extra cardio in the gym (in addition to my usual strength routine).
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My view is that you should forget about it entirely. The reason I believe this is the best method is because when you cheat and then "make up for it" with exercise or eating less the next day or two, you are subconsciously telling yourself that you cheated and ended up fine. You were able to easily make up for it. This sort of gives you "permission" to cheat more in the future because all you have to do is eat less to make up for it.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    the day after a bad day. I find myself prolonging breakfast/food in general as long as possible the day after a bad food choice or calorie intake day. I'm not so sure that it's the best choice but mentaly it seems like a safe bet to stay away from it as long as possible.

How do you recover from a bad day hang over?

A lot of water and I just move on. You're not going to undo it and a little calorie restriction is fine, but it's not good to just stop eating either. So, I get back on the wagon completely. I log, I drink water, I work out just as if I had been doing that every day.
  • shortandfaithful
    Options
    well today turned out to be a very on track today. I have enough calories to treat myself with a skinny cow and I haven't done my work out yet. So I am very pleased after a rough weekend. oh yes and water water water