Looking for fellow stay-at-home moms

Options

Replies

• Mariabellantoni
    Mariabellantoni Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenni, I am a single mom as well with 2 girls ages 4 & 10. Feel free to add me.
  • Kaeley01
    Kaeley01 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kaeley and I'm a stay at home mum too. I have 2 boys aged 4 and 2. I'm new to this site so have no friends as yet. Please feel free to add me as I would love to chat with other mums who are in the same situation as me. I also have difficulty staying away from the kitchen and the kids treats too but I must say since downloading the MyFitnessPal app for my phone its made me a lot more accountable. I didn't realise how much mindless eating I was doing. So far I'm doing well avoiding temptation but its early days yet so only time will tell.
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Jamie, I'm 27, and I'm a stay at home mom too. My son is 4, almost 5. I'm also a full time student. I don't go to the gym or anything, because if I got a gym membership I would probably use it a few days and then never go again (plus having kids makes it hard to go anyway). I rely on workout DVDS (doing 30DS right now and it's AWESOME!). I think DVDs are the way to go, or the fitness games for PS3, XBOX, Wii, etc; I don't know if you're like me, but I can't just workout on my own. I have to have someone telling me what I need to do. 30 Day Shred is popular around here (it's great because the workout is only 20 minutes, super easy to fit in a busy day), as is Ripped in 30, and I see a lot of people raving about Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs. You might want to check them out. Oh, and definitely add me if you want some extra support on your journey; I know I could use some too!
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You're not alone!! I have 4 kiddos: 4.5, 3, 1.5 and 3 months... That's a baby ever 18 months and now I'm done :) and now I have to lose those pounds I didn't bother to in between babies! I've started slow since the baby was born but now I'm mentally and emotionally ready to kick it into high gear! I have 50 lbs to lose and I'd love to get the most of it off by Christmas (really I was hoping to have it gone by my sisters wedding this September but that's not going to happen!!!) I'll add you as a friend and we can talk each other up!
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheyCallMeTaterSalad
    Options
    Hi! I am also a SAHM to four beautiful kiddos. My girls are 4.5 and 15 months & my boys are 3.5 & 2.5.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I am a SAHM to a 3 1/2 yr old boy....Always fun, never boring as I am sure most of you know....There is also a group on here - maybe more - if you want to check the one I know of out!! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1240-sahm
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    Hi, i'm a stay at home mom i have 4 children ages 6,3,&2 years old and a 6 month old
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of three kids. They are 10, 7 and 4. I have a 86 more pounds to go until I reach goal weight. You can add me if you like. I am doing slow and steady. No crazy crash dieting or fads. I am working on changing my lifestyle to something that I can live with the rest of my life. I want to be a good example for my children especially my girls. I workout at home on my eliptical. I also do strength training and Pilates. Both of which I use videos to help me.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm a sahm! I have an almost 10 month old.
  • Kristy0728
    Kristy0728 Posts: 63
    Options
    :) My daughter are 8 & 7. Being around temptation all day is really hard! I am not friends with many other SAHM on here, anyone is welcome to add me if they like!
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the SAH mommas out there! I am one myself. I have an almost 20 month old little girl. Feel free to add me. :)
  • RadiantxReality
    RadiantxReality Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom, as well, of a 17 month old girl. Looking to lose the rest of my "baby weight". I share some of the same struggles, as well as staying motivated. Please feel free to add me!
  • JavaArk
    JavaArk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to this site. I am a 41yo SAHM of 2 sons, 14yo & 10yo, and I also include that I have 2 dogs. All 4 of them keep me busy. My husband travels a lot, so I feel like a single mother sometimes.

For my exercise, I mostly use Netflix exercise videos, and exercise Dvds that I own.

I am trying to change our eating habits as a whole family and not just for me. I am butting heads on nutrition and exercise with my 10yo, more than anyone else in the house, but I continue to trudge on.

I have never counted calories before, but decided that the older that I get, that it is harder to lose weight, and that I need to try something different. So far, I love this site!
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM with a 4 year old girl and 3 year old boy. During my last pregnancy with my son, I gained a lot of weight and am still trying to get it all off. Being at home every day is tough, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Any other SAHM's, feel free to add me. I know that we could all use as much support and motivation as we can get, with weightloss AND being a SAHM.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom with 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl, ages, 7,5,4,2! I would like to lose 20-25lbs! I'm doing Turbo Fire for my workouts right now and I'm finishing up week 2!
  • valwes04
    valwes04 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hey there! I am a stay at home mom as well. We home school too- so, some times it can be a struggle to balance all the responsibilities of being a mom and teacher, housewife, eating well and exercise!
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    Heya, I am a sahm, have been for about 9 years now. My girls are 13 and almost 11, and the boys are 5 (identical twins) My kids start school in 11 days, and this year ALL OF THEM ARE IN SCHOOL!!!! WHOO HOO!! :D Ahem....sorry. Got a little excited! :)

Any who, I had 75 pounds to lose total. I lost 36, slacked a bit and put back on a few pounds. I now have about 45 pounds left to lose. Right now, I usually ride 14 mies in the afternoon, while one of my daughters babysit. And in the evenings my husband and I weight train at the gym. There is an unsupervised kids room the boys can play in. I am looking forward to school starting so I can do all my exercise in the late morning and have the rest of my day open. Anyway, nice to see other sahm's here. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • bouncybabymama
    bouncybabymama Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a 16 month old daughter and I am a stay at home mom for another month. I start back to college one month from today. I'm very lucky to have lots of family nearby but, for me, that makes it hard to stay on track. My grandmother lives down the road from me and she is always wanting me to go out to eat with her or fix sweet tea to drink and after a while it gets harder and harder to say no! Another downside to this is that my daughter and I do not have a very good routine which leads to late nights with her. I'm taking this month to focus on a routine and no one is getting in my way!
  • nikihampton
    nikihampton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a work-at-home mom of 4 (1, 3, 4, 6) and the snack all day problem is exactly what I deal with too. I am a runner and my hubby is an at-home parent as well. So that is a great thing for my workouts.