Trying to LOSE again ugh :(

Options
This isn't my first time doing this, I thought when I did it the first time I would have stuck with it but of course not I went back to my old ways :(

My first time on here I lost 40lbs, I gained all the back plus MORE :( I feel like kicking myself, I could have been at my goal now or even close to it, but there is no need to dewell on the past I am here to geet my future in order.

I am looking for some motiviating and positive people that help me along my LONG journey!

Replies

• MegGirl1990
    Options
    Your right, don't dwell in the past. Make today the first day of your journey. You can do it! I wish you luck :)
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Onward!

Can't change what was... :)
  • rst12267
    rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think most of us have been there with the yo-yo cycle so don't beat yourself up. What I keep remind myself is that this is a lifelong healthy I'm trying to make, not a short-term until I lose the weight thing. Most people who successfully keep the weight off seem to maintain their healthy habits like exercise and mindful eating etc... I think that is the hardest part. Wish yiu luck!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just came back a couple of weeks ago too. I fell off my diet and put 10 lbs back on, but I'm really surprised it wasn't more! I'm still trying to find a perfect balance and it's not easy. :(
  • MomGraz
    MomGraz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can SO relate to this! How MANY times do I have to keep undoing what I do to myself? Just glad I stopped my unhealthy ways earlier this time.

As others have said, just focus on what you can do NOW, not what you did THEN. We're all here to support one another! Good luck!
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE! I just need to find a way to keep it more interesting, I do great in the beginning but then I get "bored" with it and go off it big time!!!
  • amburballin
    amburballin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can relate! But you can do it, no worries! And I found the key is to keep saying "I can do this" especially if you find yourself in the kitchen. It has been helping me so far! Add me as a friend if you need some inspiration daily!
  • megamoo04
    Options
    thanks request sent :)
  • tyxiaa
    tyxiaa Posts: 1
    Options
    I usually find myself thinking "is eating this worth the negativity I'll put myself through when I've put weight back on at the end of the week?" and it works... most of the time.
  • startime72
    Options
    You can do it, Im back again and this time Ive gained more back too, but with support, friends, and a positive attitude, not to mention those really expensive jean I would love to fit back into, you and I can do this together!!
  • rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya girl! WHY did I let myself give up and go back??? Can't think on those things.... can only think about what lies ahead.

I recently read a quote that really helps me with the daily struggle... "Do something today that your tomorrow self will thank you for."

I don't know why, but that really struck home because I think of all the times I did stuff that my today self is frustrated about! Now I'm focused on my tomorrow self... heck with the yesterday self!!!

I'm just starting back too... and yep... more to lose than I did before... ugh!!!

We can do this though!!!
  • megamoo04
    Options
    You can do it, Im back again and this time Ive gained more back too, but with support, friends, and a positive attitude, not to mention those really expensive jean I would love to fit back into, you and I can do this together!!

Thank you, WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!
  • mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat....lost and gained, now I'm trying again :) feel free to add me .....always looking for new friends :)
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    UGH!
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    mom to two kids here, random status updates, work at home so my mind is all over the place, but i do kick your butt when you want ;) friend request if youd like and anyone else too. i love new faces :)
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm new MFP but not new to the weight loss struggle. I have yo-yo'd so many times over the years. I am always looking for new friends to help me out along the way that I can in turn be a part of their support system when they need it so feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LeanMeanJeanne
    LeanMeanJeanne Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you..... 40lbs down a few years back and a few have crept back on. I'm tired of the yo-yo cycle and looking to kick my battle with the bulge for good! Best of luck to you all!
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i did exactly the same thing...got down 40 pounds and then for some reason quit trying...gained back 30 of the 40...back down 10 of it...you can do this!! now every time I feel like giving up I remind myself that if i hate starting over so much then i need to quit giving up :)
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Again has been my mantra for several years- trying to break that this year!
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    BUT...you are back now, and that's all that matters. Good luck, you CAN do this!!!