Please help me !! All advice welcome !!

Options
Hi, I need some help, hence the title. Today I have eaten a nut bar and banana for breakfast, a tuna on whole meal bread sandwich and bag of ringos for lunch and for dinner I have had chicken breast savoury rice and green beans and sugar snap peas. Total calories 968 I will probably have a piece of pineapple later. I did jillians 30ds and went for a walk so earned 344 calories. How am I supposed to eat another 576 calories before bed ?? I was contemplating doing another work out but now fear I'll earn myself so many calories I'd have to order a pizza !! I'm not stupid or trying to starve I feel I've eaten enough but clearly not. PLEASE help me !!!!!

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Its okay to be under your calories goals sometimes. Make it rare though. Your body does need nutrition and calories to operate.

Seems like a VERY low calorie amount your are eating...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Does this happen often? If not, don't worry about it. If so... try something a bit more substantial for breakfast, have an extra serving for dinner, or maybe don't eat chicken breast all the time. It should not be hard to add a few hundred calories spread out through the day.
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    agree with the above it is ok to be under, sometimes, but not by a lot. Some good foods that are high in calorie and healthy are nuts, banana, yogurt, peanut butter and cereal. try incorporating more of these throughout your day so you don't have a high deficit at the end of the day. keep up the good work!
  • nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am new to breakfast having rarely eaten it in the past so I guess that could be bulked out a bit more and I could eat more calories easily by eating "bad" things but I thought I'd been really healthy today yet it would appear too much so ! Think I'll have a nosy at other successful people's food diaries and see what they're eating !! Thanks x
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    I agree! It's okay to be under, but not consistantly by too much! I know someone else said this but I highly recommend getting your calories in at breakfast time! And that is when I eat my carbs. I usually make myself a PB&J and on the week days I'll make an egg sandwich or something. Then I'll always have fruit at breakfast too. That holds me over to lunch where I don't eat too much because I'm still okay from breakfast, and then by dinner I'm hungry enough again to eat the rest of my calories.

I am the same way though, especially on days I exercise I have to force myself to eat more. And I just upped my calories some so it is still a little hard for me but breakfast is definitely where I get most of my calories in for the day. I, too, used to eat little breakfast but I find it helps me out a lot more when I eat a bigger one.
  • ksmilgirl2010
    Options
    your diet sounds great, good choices and the workout is great too but you do need to have enough calories to burn off while you excersice, try eating a protien bar before you work out or a shake, it will help you build muscle and tone also. it does sound like you are eating the diet of someone who is not as physically active as you. if breakfast is too hard to eat, just add a shake and dont forget to drink water! the "bad" food would give you calories but not the kind you need in your body- cookies and cake don't give you energy like nuts and protiens do. hope i helped :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You just have to eat higher calorie foods. Don't do low fat (over processed, high in sodium and sugars). Cook meats in extra virgin olive oil, have a few handfuls of nuts, or even eat peanut butter out of the jar (personal favorite). You can also look for a high calorie protein shake (like muscle milk or even weight gainers) so you can get enough calories.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    People are supposed to have 7-10 servings of fruit and veggies per day (based on what you posted, you're only at half that), so I'd incorporate some more of those into your diet as snacks throughout the day.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong but your choices don't seem to add up less than 1000 calories but then again I don't know portions, etc. I suggest getting a food scale and weighing everything and use measuring spoons and cups. Everything adds up. Add more veggies to your day to day to fill in the gaps. :)
  • danz1340
    danz1340 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try adding some good raw foods as snacks, carrots, and fresh fruit in between meals add in some of your calories as well as keeping your engine running to burn calories.

Keep on Keeping on.
  • nailtechbec
    Options
    I do weigh and scan everything I eat so I know the calories are correct ! I will eat more fruit and vegetable snacks throughout the day, more fruit than veg I expect as I'm not good with raw veg ! Thanks for all the advice I appreciate it x
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    There are healthy things that fill out your calories, like nuts, avocadoes, chickpeas... Do a bit of reading on foods with good nutrition that would fill your numbers, and consider a protein shake before your workout as that would help keep you going :)

Greek yoghurt is good protein and has enough calories for the amount in it. Mix your fruit with it!
    This helped me with vegetables - every time I shop I try to buy one new thing, eg asparagus and cooked it with different meals. Now there are a lot of vegetables I like that I never knew about! I used to be very picky. I hope that can help you with veg variety!
  • nailtechbec
    Options
    I just ate a handful of blue berries hasn't done much to get rid of the deficit but it's a fruit I never thought I liked and turns out I do ! Another to add to my five a day ! X
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I just ate a handful of blue berries hasn't done much to get rid of the deficit but it's a fruit I never thought I liked and turns out I do ! Another to add to my five a day ! X

Follow these exact steps.

1. Grab spoon
    2. Grab peanut butter jar
    3. Insert spoon in said peanut jar
    4. Eat peanut butter.
    5. Reduce calorie deficit.
  • nailtechbec
    Options
    Haha if I had said peanut butter in house I would do so, unfortunately I do not ! On peanut butter as in uk it's not as big as USA is just normal sunpat ok or should I be looking for some type of organic stuff ?! X
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Haha if I had said peanut butter in house I would do so, unfortunately I do not ! On peanut butter as in uk it's not as big as USA is just normal sunpat ok or should I be looking for some type of organic stuff ?! X

What is sunpat?
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Increase your breakfast tomorrow to make up some of the calories. I do cycling and on those days I will burn 1200-1700 calories; however, I do not eat those back that day because I could never stuff that much food in my mouth. I will increase my eating for two to three days to make it up. Basically I even out my total calories consumed over the course of a couple days, but my net calories are not very even.
  • nailtechbec
    Options

What is sunpat?
    It's the main brand of peanut butter in England x