Re-starting the Journey

Options
Kouch_ka
Kouch_ka Posts: 15 Member
Hello all,

I'm not really new to MFP, I've had a previous account but decided to start fresh. I lost 17lbs earlier this year using MFP, but after a brief stay in the hospital in May (I had a viral inner ear infection which make made me unstable to walk, and I had an episode of Vertigo with it...no fun at all.) I lost the motivation I had with losing weight. It took me about a month to completely heal from all that, and regain my balance and walking completely.
So, that meant no working out, and I wasn't eating the best either (I kept using the excuse "I'm Healing." lol) I've gained about half of what I lost back. But, I know what I need to do. I've done it before and now I'm back on track. So if you have good advice and great motivation feel free to add me! Looking for positive people to join forces with. :-)

Replies

• jbosick80
    jbosick80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. MFP is the best in my opinion at helping people support each other.
  • Kouch_ka
    Options
    I agree...when I see people (like yourself) that are succeding at their weight loss, it really does give you hope and that urge to push and work harder at your own goals. Thanks for the add!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good Luck... and Welcome back.....
  • Juxtaposie
    Juxtaposie Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • gracielasg
    gracielasg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are feeling better! With great support and keeping ahead and focused we can get there! Sure they may be a bump or two along the way but that is ok! Keep moving forward!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You are here and you are restarting. That's what means the most! Glad you are doing better and happy journeys!
  • Sags301
    Sags301 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm also re-starting my journey after taking about some time off and gaining 11 pounds. I reset my tickler on my page!! We can do this!!:smile:
  • bel738
    bel738 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HOLA ! GOOD LUCK ! YOU CAN DO IT !! I AM GLAD YOU ARE BACK ....THE BEST THING IS WE CAN ALWAYS START OVER EVERY DAY IS ANEW ONE..
  • gjsmommy
    gjsmommy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad to hear that you are in better health.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Welcome back!

I restarted too. All my old MFP friends (save for a few) ignore me now lol. Some of them have even denied my FR oh well (I guess I could tell them my other account but why should I...I'm the same now as I was before - I call them MFP snobs - you know, the ones who have been here a looooonggg time and refuse to talk to anyone else besides their buddies). They are the ones missing out.

Good luck on your journey!!
  • Lynne4love
    Options
    i can completely agree with everyone. i just rejoined i think a month ago. it really does help to see other people pushing and staying positive. MFP really has helped me. i have always gone up and down with my weight. i have always lost the unhealthy way by really not eating much at all. once i would hit that "goal" weight i would celebrate and fell like **** and just collapse from there. MFP has really helped me stay on track even after i have a bad couple days.
  • Kouch_ka
    Options
    Yeah, I think I had one or two friends on my last account. I think that might have been a problem. I figured this time around I would try something different and become friends with people who are trying to do the same thing as I am. I think that will help keep the motivation.