30 Day Shred tomorrow 7/23/12

Options

Replies

• DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'd tried 30DS before and ended up hurting my shoulder. The push ups were just too much. Maybe I was doing them wrong, I'm not sure. This time around I'm going to start by using the wall and work my way down to the floor.

Push yourself, but don't overdo it. No need for injuries. :smile:
  • TheLittleKittie
    Options
    I started yesterday and just finished day 2. Took some self talk to do it again today (its not pain, its just your muscles ache, like they're supposed to if you're working them) but so glad I did as today was definitely easier and I felt amazing afterwarxs! My advice is think Nike - just do it!
  • carachel
    carachel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in:-)
  • TheLittleKittie
    Options
    I'm in as well. I wish that I'd see more guys doing the video. But I think that I'll get good results from the video and when I worked out for the first time today I was huffing and puffing. Maybe by week two I'll be able to do all of the exercises and put everything into it.

Scott

Hi scott, I have heard of blokes doing this too so you'll get great results im sure. She has another one called six week six pack which im looking up tonight, that may have more appeal to you im not sure but as saw your post thought id mention
  • TheLittleKittie
    Options
    I'm in as well. I wish that I'd see more guys doing the video. But I think that I'll get good results from the video and when I worked out for the first time today I was huffing and puffing. Maybe by week two I'll be able to do all of the exercises and put everything into it.

Scott

Hi scott, I have heard of blokes doing this too so you'll get great results im sure. She has another one called six week six pack which im looking up tonight, that may have more appeal to you im not sure but as saw your post thought id mention
  • rosaliearave21
    Options
    I would love to do this with everyone!
  • anightinabox712
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of Level 1!! it was tough and had to stop for a few seconds here and there but i feel good afterwards!!
  • anightinabox712
    Options
    How does everyone log it on their exercise on here?? Some said for the ripped in 30 do circuit training so i did and it was about 350 calories. How is everyone else logging it??
  • hawkeygal
    hawkeygal Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try it tonight! Wish me luck!
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of level one... strangely enough I am so looking forward to level 2 in a few days!
  • imannalouise
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just want to say good luck with the 30 Day Shred! I am currently on Level 2 and it is day 18 for me. This workout is WORTH it. It's hard work but the results will show. With the first level, I lost an inch in everything I had measured. DO NOT GIVE UP!! :D Every day you complete this 20 minute workout is a day closer to achieving what you want. Don't be discouraged :)
  • anon86_x
    anon86_x Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So i did day 1 level 1. I didnt find it too bad compared to body attack at my gym which kills me! but its still pretty tough, will see how tommorow goes.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Thinking about doing this....hope it can hold my interest for 30 days lol. Thanks for posting the links!

Are we supposed to do this everyday or are there rest days?

Also, do we do other things (I'm a runner...so would I give that up while I do this or is this a supplemental to my program)?

Does this take place in lieu of strength training?
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in! The timing is perfect, I was planning on starting it today as I want to add something to my running rogram.
    Thinking about doing this....hope it can hold my interest for 30 days lol. Thanks for posting the links!

Are we supposed to do this everyday or are there rest days?

Also, do we do other things (I'm a runner...so would I give that up while I do this or is this a supplemental to my program)?

Does this take place in lieu of strength training?

MtnKat: there are no days off...it's 10 days of lvl 1, 10 days of lvl 2 and 10 days of lvl 3. I'll continue my running program as well, but I don't think you'll need extra strength training. Maybe someone who has done it already could help you more, but people say it's pretty intense.
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow! After doing it for the first time, I must admit I didn't expect it to be so intense. Not that I thought it would be easy... I totally get the logic behind it and it makes sense... my trainer at the gym had me do those same exercises with 3 sets, and a minute rest between each. She does 2 exercises at once (upper AND lower body), and instead of resting she switches to other exercises without rest, which works your cardio.

Anyways I'm one of the few men doing this and I'll definitely gain from doing it. Don't hesitate to add me so we can shred through this together!

MtnKat (part 2): my suggestion would be to do the first level (they're on youtube). It will take 25 minutes and you'll know what you're in for. I'll keep doing my running program, but I don't need more strength training than this at the moment.
  • jannac87
    jannac87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I started today and so I am Super excited to find you guys!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 and it was NO joke lol
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 1 and it was much easier than I remembered. I'm guessing with all the other workouts I'm doing I have some stamina.

I do find that when I'm having to be on the ground then stand up and vice versa I tend to feel a little lightheaded. Any one else have an issue with this?
  • MtnKat
    Options
    Wow! After doing it for the first time, I must admit I didn't expect it to be so intense. Not that I thought it would be easy... I totally get the logic behind it and it makes sense... my trainer at the gym had me do those same exercises with 3 sets, and a minute rest between each. She does 2 exercises at once (upper AND lower body), and instead of resting she switches to other exercises without rest, which works your cardio.

Anyways I'm one of the few men doing this and I'll definitely gain from doing it. Don't hesitate to add me so we can shred through this together!

MtnKat (part 2): my suggestion would be to do the first level (they're on youtube). It will take 25 minutes and you'll know what you're in for. I'll keep doing my running program, but I don't need more strength training than this at the moment.

Ben, thanks for all your help. I sure appreciate it. I had no idea that you went 10 days for each level. I just thought you did level 1 for 30 days, then level 2 and so on lol.

I'll try this here in a few minutes and see how it goes. Thanks again!
  • MtnKat
    Options
    Whew. Ok. That was awesome! And my arms are shaking!

I can see the logic behind her training....Jillian is awesome and terrible all at the same time lol.

So...day 1 of level 1 complete. Let's see how I feel tomorrow because tonight I felt like dying :-)

Tomorrow is my running day...not sure how I feel about 30 DS every day.