Shakeology is overpriced garbarge

Options

Replies

• sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is the same for all food: the less processing, the better.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is the same for all food: the less processing, the better.

Especially if it's cheesecake.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm cheesecake...
  • awaterz79
    awaterz79 Posts: 4
    Options
    they removed the suma root from it. i think they had to due to athletic testing concerns. they market suma separately with a body beast supplement now ($30/month!). green vibrance and controlled labs' greens still have suma. my green vibrance lasts just over 60 days and it's $50?

1.5 weeks in on my 'complimentary' bag of shakeology and i am noticing no differences vs my protein/green vibrance / controlled labs greens approach.

i really like BB's exercise programs (p90x/x2/insanity), but i caution people not to overspend on supplements. get all of your nutrition right. also, i'm not a coach. otherwise my opinions would be different, right? ;)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    they removed the suma root from it. i think they had to due to athletic testing concerns. they market suma separately with a body beast supplement now ($30/month!). green vibrance and controlled labs' greens still have suma. my green vibrance lasts just over 60 days and it's $50?

1.5 weeks in on my 'complimentary' bag of shakeology and i am noticing no differences vs my protein/green vibrance / controlled labs greens approach.

i really like BB's exercise programs (p90x/x2/insanity), but i caution people not to overspend on supplements. get all of your nutrition right. also, i'm not a coach. otherwise my opinions would be different, right? ;)

Also Green vibrance doesn't use prop blends, which is a + for them
  • awaterz79
    awaterz79 Posts: 4
    Options
    i am very satisfied with green vibrance. based on the little research i did and recommendations here it was an excellent investment (thanks btw).
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    the same goes for p90x recovery formula

I have tried both--the Shakeology and the Recovery formula. I COULD NOT believe how many CARBS/SUGAR was in the recovery formula!! I immediately felt stupid for trying it! So glad it was a free sample and I did not waste my money on something that went over my recommended sugar intake for the DAY. As for Shakeology, I didn't have the nutrition information, but it did not matter because I could not get more than a sip down my throat. The stuff tastes disgusting and was an awful consistency. Yuck!

It's so expensive for being so unhealthy. Just goes to show that people will buy things and trust that they are healthy because they are sold by a fitness company.

On the other hand, I LOVE the Beachbody fitness programs! I'm seeing good results with Turbo Fire so it was definitely worth the money.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Do what does (or does not) work for you. AND respect everyone's ability to make up their own minds. OH and if you have noting nice to post about. . . maybe you should go work out.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    in before someone trys to sell you on trisorb proteinz

Damn! I was going to post that!
  • nmclaurin
    nmclaurin Posts: 43
    Options
    LOL... This thread is too funny!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    the same goes for p90x recovery formula

you mean the half scoop of your favorite protein and 2 scoops of bought Gatorade mix? (add creatine if you want)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    But...but...it's full of superfoods (tm) from the most remote parts of the world. How could it possibly be garbage??
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    If you want nutrition, eat real food. And healthy foods.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Do what does (or does not) work for you. AND respect everyone's ability to make up their own minds. OH and if you have noting nice to post about. . . maybe you should go work out.

So true! I agree with you! Beer and cigarettes are overpriced junk also but people will defend that to the end heck they will buy those before food or before they pay rent LOL :)
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    I asked my doctor and dietitian about it (because a friend of mine is selling it) and they said "NO."

The proper nutrition I could get from eating clean and proper will far outweigh the benefits of the shake.

Doctor basically said I will be spending money to be hungry all of the time. I like food. I am not going to drink 2 meals a day. :tongue:

I am SO with you on this one, shakes? no thank you, give me good old fashioned food.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am a BB coach. However, I am not allowed to sell anything for commission (long story) so I only do it for the discount. I also actually do the support and motivation that BB coaches are supposed to do. But since I don't sell anything, I'm doing it because I want to. It's fun having a support group and it makes me feel good to help other people. Anyway......

I don't see why you feel the need to make a post belittling the people who decide to drink Shakeology. You are entitled to your opinion, but isn't this more suited for your wall? Or have you achieved something so worthy that people should just be okay with you blatantly being rude to fellow MFPers?

I think you have a lot of knowledge to offer. Unfortunately, your delivery will turn people away. This is the third post I can think of by you, with the sole purpose to either chastise/humiliate/belittle your fellow MFPers who are drinking Shakeology. Not to mention all your condescending posts about countless other topics you have a dissenting opinion on. Dude, your "post count" to "join date" ratio is REALLY strong. Maybe stop doing this for a living and you won't be so angry all the time.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    it may not work for you, but it cured my halitosis, chronic flatulence, and cancer. everybody's different.

But what about baldness, death, and taxes?
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Imho you can get meal replacements that are much cheaper.. So if you really want one just buy them at the store
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Lolas-Good point.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'll say this a million times in a million posts , I LOVE IT ! Just wish it was cheaper. Went off bc I couldn't afford it. Tasted a heck of a lot better than the GNC amp 60 cookies n cream I have now I M O. And haven't found a chocolate that beats the taste! To each their own, but OP must have been wronged by them to go off like he does! IMO.