Stuck on a Plateau!

Options
I've been stuck for the past 3 weeks without loosing a pound. Any suggestions? I'm staying (for the most part) at 1200 calories plus walking at least 30 minutes a day at 4.0.

Replies

• furby1
    furby1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Firstly is 1200 calories were you should be starting?.....it all depends on your BMR and TDEE......you don't say how long before that you were loosing weight and how much. I'm afraid that people can only suggest ideas to you if they know all the facts.

I plateaued for 5 weeks, but then upped my cals to my BMR and have been loosing slowly but surely since. :)
  • JLShumate
    JLShumate Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks. I"ll try that.
  • jenifrjae
    jenifrjae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also am on a plateau. I have be wondered about increasing calories, but not sure how to get 'good' calories in?! Any suggestions?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    If it's 6 weeks or more with no weight movement while being consistent with food and exercise, then it's a plateau. If it's less then it's a stall. Most of the time it's either a food intake issue or staying on an exercise program too long.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am willing to bet there is a miscalculation of calories if your weight hasn't moved in 3 weeks. Hardly anyone wouldn't lose at 1200 calories a day.... I weigh my food still and used to also use a measuring cup to limit myself to 1 cup etc.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? If you are exercising, you could be the same weight for a few weeks while losing inches.