New to this. Any low calorie meat meals?

Options
KSircy18
KSircy18 Posts: 6
I'd love to hear some new recipes. Healthy and easy to make :)

Replies

• aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear some new recipes. Healthy and easy to make :)

What kind of recipes are you looking for? Also, to make any food low calorie is all about balance and how fresh ingredients are. Fresh fish poached in milk and fresh veggies is delicious and insanely low calorie. Using olive oil instead of butter or lard will reduce calorie count also.

I usually just cook fresh protein followed by a side dish of veggie and a small dose of starch. All fresh no canned or pre-packaged. It's usually very low calorie =) But if you are looking for more recipes to your reportoire. be alittle more specific and I can help you.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Deer meat and bison/buffalo are amazing low cal meats and super healthy for you. Plus if you go deer hunting, that'll burn some calories as well. Deer meat is the main meat in my household, and we hunt it ourselves. Best stuff out there in my opinion. And we use it just like regular meat.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com if you haven't already! tons of excellent low-cal recipes there!
  • KSircy18
    Options
    I'm not very sure. I am definately looking for something that will help with my weight loss. Today I went shopping and I bought, grapes, apples, salad, asparagus, cucumber, squash, brocolli, cauliflower, blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, kiwi. And I bought thSilk milk instead of regular. I bought lean beef and pork chops. Special K cereals. And for snacks I bought Fiber One things. I don't know what I'm really looking for I just want to lose weight lol.
  • KSircy18
    Options
    I LOVE deer meat. But I havent hunter since I was younger. Itd nice if they had that on the shelves huh? Lol
  • KSircy18
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • KSircy18
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    THOUSANDS! :smile:

Pick a meat. Trim the fat. Cook it without adding too much oil, no cream, low sugar.
    Add veggies that you like warm to it.
    If you feel you must have starch, make sure you stick to the "one serving" portion where possible.

My FAVORITE things to cook are:
    1) Oven Dish: Bake (roast?) carrots, corn, peas and one potato (thinly sliced or small chunks). Use spray butter, onion powder and garlic powder as seasoning. Roast awhile. Add 4 portions of 4oz meat. (We like Pork Chops or Turkey meatballs best) Add a bit of Montreal Steak Seasoning and continue baking i oven until meat is cooked properly and carrots are fork tender. Serves 4. (and you'll have leftover veggies for lunch!)
    2) One Pan Dish: Cook the chosen meat in one pan, adding spices, with a bit of water to create a quasi-pan sauce. Add vegetables that fit the flavor you are looking for... Black beans and corn with Cumin, Green Peppers and Tomato Sauce, Potatoes and corn/peas, Lentils and Red Beans, Rice and Broth with mushrooms and spinach, feta cheese and potatoes.

Our attempt every night is to haved 3/4 vegetables and 1/4 Meat/Protein. Typically, we end up roasting veggies, or cooking veg with the meat, and to round it out we have a cucumber salad.

Good luck!
  • triggerpuller702
    triggerpuller702 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    chicken cordon bleu -

1 boneless/skinlees breast (8oz+/-), pounded out to about 1/3" thick
    lay 1 slice of thin, low sodium ham on it
    lay 1 slice of thin natural swiss on top
    lightly roll the breast and hold it together with 3-4 toothpicks
    put a tbsp of olive oil in a shallow dish/bowl and dredge the chicken through it lightly
    sprinkle some parmigiana cheese or light bread crumbs on it and bake for ~30min at 375

depending on how much bread crumbs/parm cheese you use it'll be around 400kcals. that's a pretty good size breast though and you could easily slice it in half and make it a good 200 cal meal. add some whole grain pasta for some good low/mod gi carbs and some brocolli and you're all set.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm not very sure. I am definately looking for something that will help with my weight loss. Today I went shopping and I bought, grapes, apples, salad, asparagus, cucumber, squash, brocolli, cauliflower, blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, kiwi. And I bought thSilk milk instead of regular. I bought lean beef and pork chops. Special K cereals. And for snacks I bought Fiber One things. I don't know what I'm really looking for I just want to lose weight lol.

If you're already cooking at home, you don't have to make too much changes food wise. Cooking at home is always healthier than eating out (cheaper too). I lost 3lbs by just deciding that I'm going to stop eating out for three weeks. Just be mindful of your ingredients. Not too much salt. Use olive oil instead of butter. Don't fry too much (my guilty pleasure). Bake/poached/steamed or better yet fresh salads are always better.

Be mindful of portion. Not just how much is on your plate but the balance of your plate. How much veggies do you have compared to things like potatoes and pasta? You don't really have to cut much out. Just be mindful of what you're putting in your stomach.

Looking at your shopping list, you can make pork chops lightly seasoned with salt and pepper grilled with olive oil (if you get the ratio of salt and pepper just right, it's delicious!) and roasted tomatoes and asparagus. And if you want some starch throw in some potatoes with your roasted veggie medley. It'll be delicious.
  • KSircy18
    Options
    THOUSANDS! :smile:

Pick a meat. Trim the fat. Cook it without adding too much oil, no cream, low sugar.
    Add veggies that you like warm to it.
    If you feel you must have starch, make sure you stick to the "one serving" portion where possible.

My FAVORITE things to cook are:
    1) Oven Dish: Bake (roast?) carrots, corn, peas and one potato (thinly sliced or small chunks). Use spray butter, onion powder and garlic powder as seasoning. Roast awhile. Add 4 portions of 4oz meat. (We like Pork Chops or Turkey meatballs best) Add a bit of Montreal Steak Seasoning and continue baking i oven until meat is cooked properly and carrots are fork tender. Serves 4. (and you'll have leftover veggies for lunch!)
    2) One Pan Dish: Cook the chosen meat in one pan, adding spices, with a bit of water to create a quasi-pan sauce. Add vegetables that fit the flavor you are looking for... Black beans and corn with Cumin, Green Peppers and Tomato Sauce, Potatoes and corn/peas, Lentils and Red Beans, Rice and Broth with mushrooms and spinach, feta cheese and potatoes.

Our attempt every night is to haved 3/4 vegetables and 1/4 Meat/Protein. Typically, we end up roasting veggies, or cooking veg with the meat, and to round it out we have a cucumber salad.

Good luck!

That sounds amazing. You should be a chef lol!
  • jiddu17
    Options

Don't burn yourself out or let those veggies expire before you have a chance to eat them. Right now, you may need to focus on using those up. Grapes and apples are a great snack. The berries and kiwi make an awesome smoothie. I love cucumber salads, you could use your cukes, lettuce and tomatoes for that. You can steam the brocc, the cauliflower, the asparagus and squash and serve together. Silk milk will be great for those smoothies and a low-cal way to cook with milk (if you got Vanilla or sweetened, you may want to just use it cereal, coffee, etc...) Otherwise, you don't have to worry too much about it expiring. You may also want to try Almond Milk. In my experience, it has fewer cals than Soy. Lean Beef and Pork Chops are perfect, just get them frozen into smaller portions so you don't find yourself having too many leftovers (unless you are disciplined enough to save it for lunch without overeating at dinner). Cereals are good. The Chocolate Drizzle is a great after dinner snack. I know some ppl love the S-K Berry over Frozen Fat Free Cool Whip or Yogurt. The Fiber One bars may cause gastro issues (research Chickory Root) and are loaded with sugar. I would reserve those for only occasionally and snack on the fruits or vegetables. Maybe find a lite dip that you can dip the veggies in if you would prefer.
  • jiddu17
    Options
    Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I would LOVE to be one. Lol.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Some markets may have it. I go to a little farmers market to get my bison meat that is a family owned operation. Just ask around your area, someone may know or ask your butcher at your local market. They may know where you can get deer meat. Or any butcher shops that do their own processing, the hunters usually have to take their deer somewhere if they don't process it themselves lol.