What kind of music motivates you?

Options
For me, it's medium paced Dance or Techno music. I have a weird thing where I have to be moving in time with the music or else I get thrown off!

Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Dubstep

I feel like a giant robot bada*s
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Dance, metal, soundtracks (Hans Zimmer!), heck anything that gets my adrenaline pumping
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    depends on what mood I'm in. I listen to just about everything. However, I cant really listen to slow/r&b/classical music while working out. I know a couple friends who do But i dont know how they can do it.

I Mainly listen to :: Rage against the machine , system of a down, black eyed peas radio on pandora, or some other random upbeated songs. Im very random. :)
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    Faster paced country. Like Casey Donahew Band :)
  • gotpaper
    gotpaper Posts: 17
    Options
    hip hop with a good beat. sometimes when I walk I will hear a song I can go with the beat then put it on repeat. Today I had to find 2 songs because I walked 2 miles and it was just getting to repiticious.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I enjoy many different kinds of music. But, there is one song that I like to start my workout with, "Sail" by AWOLNATION. It really gets me in the mood to workout hard.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Dance/pop music gets me moving! I can't help but dance if I hear Ke$ha, Rhianna or NeYo. Dubstep or industrial doesn't do it for me as much, but it can still work in a pinch.

I also love 90's music, because that was a time in my life that I had a lot of energy and excitement.
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Eminem for me. When I ran my 5 mile race, I had a playlist of all his stuff and just let it go. Definitely got me moving!
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Anything with a bad *kitten* bass. So I listen to a lot of hip hop, dubstep and pop when working out.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It's not music I would listen to otherwise but I have found dance/pop to be really helpful. Nearly anything by Outkast or Black Eyed Peas, The Gorillaz, Britney Spears, Sean Paul ect.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of punk and hardcore when I work out HARD. I like indie rock as a warm up or cool down.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bhangra, oddly enough.
  • irenedemos
    irenedemos Posts: 36
    Options
    Love to listen to Trance (Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond, ATB, Tiesto). It totally gets me going and I can't stop running :)
  • KayTeeinVA
    Options
    House music always motivates me.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Funk and 80's rock.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Love to listen to Trance (Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond, ATB, Tiesto). It totally gets me going and I can't stop running :)

FTW! I never listen to music when I run or workout but just had to comment that ^ you just listed my favorite DJ's of all time!
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hard Rock and Metal
  • Cainesjunior
    Options
    Usually rap, R&B and sometimes Jazz...... But mostly Rap
  • CopyCat97
    CopyCat97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Anything with a good beat. When doing elliptical training, i tend speed up with fast song and do a nice pace on slower ones.

My musical tastes is soo random that playlist has really weird variety of music set to play randomly.

I have Rock, Techno, R&B, Dance, Country, Musicals (Broadway), Soundtracks from Movies/TV/Disney, Comedy, Weird Al, Anime Music, International.

Quoting my friend, 'I like this song' to the first song he heard, to 'What the hell are you listening to?' on the next.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I HATED and criticized the newer music until I started working out....but now I appreciate it...how the hell can I work out to the Doors?? LOL