Erotic Literature...

Options
_Kitten_Kate
_Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
I posted this the other day... didn't get much of a response...or rather not the response I was hoping.... so, I thought I would change to title ... maybe grab some attention.
And also to add...
I picked up a book on Kindle called "Gabriel's Inferno".... It was pretty good... and very sweet and romantic... Love it....so far.

And oddly... all the men in the books that I have read lately -in this genre... are rich... and powerful... and controlling.
I like the rich part of course. But sometime the controlling and hovering man is too much to bare.

So...

What are ya'll reading lately?
I know everyone and their Mother has read Fifty Shades.... bore.. and repetitive. Though I did read all three.
I've read a several others along the same line in the "erotica" genre....or "modern romance"
A few from Megan Hart... Cant remember the titles.
The Anne Rice novels... something about Sleeping Beauty. I read one of them I think but didn't finish the series.
One called Captive in the Dark by CJ Roberts. It was a descent read. Waiting on the sequel.
But one that was a million times better in my opinion than Fifty Shades was a book called Bared to You-Silvia Day. Awesome read. Already pre-ordered the sequel from Amazon.

So, tell me some other good trash to read.
Preferably for Kindle...

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I posted this the other day... didn't get much of a response...or rather not the response I was hoping.... so, I thought I would change to title ... maybe grab some attention.
    And also to add...
    I picked up a book on Kindle called "Gabriel's Inferno".... It was pretty good... and very sweet and romantic... Love it....so far.

And oddly... all the men in the books that I have read lately -in this genre... are rich... and powerful... and controlling.
    I like the rich part of course. But sometime the controlling and hovering man is too much to bare.

So...

What are ya'll reading lately?
    I know everyone and their Mother has read Fifty Shades.... bore.. and repetitive. Though I did read all three.
    I've read a several others along the same line in the "erotica" genre....or "modern romance"
    A few from Megan Hart... Cant remember the titles.
    The Anne Rice novels... something about Sleeping Beauty. I read one of them I think but didn't finish the series.
    One called Captive in the Dark by CJ Roberts. It was a descent read. Waiting on the sequel.
    But one that was a million times better in my opinion than Fifty Shades was a book called Bared to You-Silvia Day. Awesome read. Already pre-ordered the sequel from Amazon.

So, tell me some other good trash to read.
    Preferably for Kindle...

"Stolen, The madam X school of sex"

&

"sweet release"

You can get samples of both for free in the amazon store.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I try not to read to many books with vagina in them. Not real into it. But I do like the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Plus the next book out is about a m/m couple. Yay!

Right now I'm reading, From Slavery to Freedom by T.A. Chase.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Not sure if either are your sort, but you might try Bertrice Small (historical and futuristic "romance") and Shon Richards (erotica).Bertrice is fairly famous and usually available in any library. Shon, you'll have to Google (he's the first 3 hits iirc).

I just finished a Victorian era mystery with no sexy time.
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    On Goodreads when I asked for suggestions similar to 50 shades, it gave me the author Karen Marie Moning. So I started her Fever series. Not quite 50 shades, but I still like it.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Haha I love this thread. I don't know if anyone here is into fanfiction but some of it is better-written than a lot of published works! It's much more character- than plot-driven, though...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I get off reading the MFP message boards.

NSV
    NSV
    NSV
    NSV
    EEEEEEETING BAAAAAACK THE CALORIES !!!!!!!!!!

OK I'm done.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'll be coming back to this thread for updates (haha, judge me if you must :tongue: ) I like reading this stuff and I don't care who knows. Anyway, if you like the vampire theme I've read all of Lynsay Sands books. It's a whole family of vamps and she writes a book about each of them but incorporates much of the family into each book so the story flows from book to book. I really like them.

Amanda Ashley is another vampire errotica. Story lines and sex. Good stuff :)
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I try not to read to many books with vagina in them. Not real into it. But I do like the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Plus the next book out is about a m/m couple. Yay!

Yes yes yes! I love BDB! And I am so excited For Blay and Qhuinn's book
  • lhiatt
    lhiatt Posts: 21
    Options
    I also LOVE the Black Dagger Brotherhood! Fantastic series! I also like her other series...Fallen Angels!
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty books in my mother's closet when I was ten. I was halfway through the first one when she finally noticed exactly what I was reading. I never did find them in the house again, heh.

Someone mentioned fanfiction... fans of Harry Potter should definitely read The Shoebox Project and Stealing Harry. A Google search should pull them both up. Sirius/Remus awesomeness :P
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Oh dear god yes. I'm up for anything m/m. Bahahah! :devil:
  • ivelisse87
    ivelisse87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You should read the books Jennifer Connors has written. The first book is free and if you like it you can buy the other ones there are 6 I believe. They are nothing like the Fifty Shades books this is more about an independent strong woman. But let me know if you like it. I loved all of those books and they are not as expensive as the Fifty Shades. BTW I was NOT a fan of Fifty shades ether.

PS the first book is A Lesson in Passion.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost and Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole are two other good series. The sex isn't as descriptive as some others, but there is sex and the books are awesome.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty books in my mother's closet when I was ten. I was halfway through the first one when she finally noticed exactly what I was reading. I never did find them in the house again, heh.

Target is now selling Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy. The cover said, "if you liked 50 shades"...or something like that.

THESE BOOKS ARE NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. Oh. My. Goodness. I told my mother that if Florida tried to ban those, I wouldn't make a stink (they wanted to ban 50 Shades from libraries).

Anyway, Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy...let me put it to you this way. Sleeping Beauty does not get woken up by a kiss.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I read some pages from 50 and it was the most poorly written laughable crap ever.

Mmmmmmmm
    http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/HaireoftheDog/archives/2012/05/16/stephen-hawking-reads-50-shades-of-greys-most-notorious-scene
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I feel like if everyone is comfortable letting people know they've read a book...it's not as scandalous as they'd like to think LOL. So I haven't read 50 Shades but I might, out of sheer curiosity at this point.

I just finished reading Room: A Novel, it was interesting but weird...both hilarious and depressing at the same time. I'm currently reading the "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" "trilogy" lol.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Target is now selling Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy. The cover said, "if you liked 50 shades"...or something like that.

THESE BOOKS ARE NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. Oh. My. Goodness. I told my mother that if Florida tried to ban those, I wouldn't make a stink (they wanted to ban 50 Shades from libraries).

Anyway, Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy...let me put it to you this way. Sleeping Beauty does not get woken up by a kiss.

They're selling the Sleeping Beauty series in *Target*??? OMG!!! :laugh:
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    fans of Harry Potter should definitely read The Shoebox Project and Stealing Harry. A Google search should pull them both up. Sirius/Remus awesomeness :P

Haha I've heard some great things about that one! My favorite HP writer is Helenish, have you read her stuff?
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yup. And it wasn't hidden in the book section. It was out on display. I mean, I'm all for sexuality and stuff and was a women's minor in college and in the Vagina Monologues 3 times at school... those books still made me blush.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

I read the first two. Didn't bother with the third. It was so repetitive it was nauseating.