carrot cake protein shake!

Options
Lisseth03
Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
Found this on tumblr! &I know I follow some people on MFP so if it was one of you guys that posted this, THANK YOUUU. Just made it, soooo good!
jt5b2x.jpg

Ingredients (makes two, so cut it in half if you only want one... or you can opt to chill the second glass for the next day!):
1 large banana, frozen (it will save you a headache if you peel it, then put it in a bag and freeze it... but if you forget, you can always peel it afterward with a knife and your very very frozen fingers)
1 cup milk (skim milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk are both great, but any milk substitute will also work -- just be aware that slight flavor changes will come with any major substitutions!) **Caloric information compiled using unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 servings protein powder (Just use the prescribed amount per persoof powder for one "serving" of your particular brand)
2 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 small carrot (or two baby carrots), peeled

I think the calories depend on what protein you use etc. but this is what the site said.

Carrot Cake Protein Shake
Servings: 2
Calories Per Serving: 216
Protein Per Serving: 21.8 g

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Wow, never thought of carrot in protein shake. Will give this a go I think.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    yum! Thanks!
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    MMm I'm definitely trying this some time, thanks!
  • Lyndsgirl
    Lyndsgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sounds delish!
  • chrisbcreme1
    chrisbcreme1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to carrot cake ... and use protein powder daily ... might be a dangerous combination :)
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • garnerdl
    garnerdl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try this recipe, sounds yummy! :smile:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    subscribing.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Thank you! This sounds awesome!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this recipe. I was trying to think of something "different" to try for breakfast tomorrow. I'm out of bananas...dang.... but I'll hang on to this until I can get to the store.
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Found this on tumblr! &I know I follow some people on MFP so if it was one of you guys that posted this, THANK YOUUU. Just made it, soooo good!
    jt5b2x.jpg

Ingredients (makes two, so cut it in half if you only want one... or you can opt to chill the second glass for the next day!):
    1 large banana, frozen (it will save you a headache if you peel it, then put it in a bag and freeze it... but if you forget, you can always peel it afterward with a knife and your very very frozen fingers)
    1 cup milk (skim milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk are both great, but any milk substitute will also work -- just be aware that slight flavor changes will come with any major substitutions!) **Caloric information compiled using unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    2 servings protein powder (Just use the prescribed amount per persoof powder for one "serving" of your particular brand)
    2 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
    1 tsp Cinnamon
    1 small carrot (or two baby carrots), peeled

I think the calories depend on what protein you use etc. but this is what the site said.

Carrot Cake Protein Shake
    Servings: 2
    Calories Per Serving: 216
    Protein Per Serving: 21.8 g

oh wow!! This sounds so awesome!! Thanks!!!
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This sounds DELICIOUS! :D