Lonely

Options
2»

Replies

• Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Tender. You deserve someone who is excited to be with you. Screw that ambivalent dude. Remember the hurt is temporary and leaves you open for something much more rewarding. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
    This is exactly it. We have all been there at some point in our lives. Hang in there and know that you have all of us here supporting you through the good and the bad!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You were created to be loved and cherished and embraced and encouraged and lifted up by your partner. You should seek only that man who will give himself to you completely and want to love and cherish you forever. Don't settle for less.
    THIS. If he's not measuring up, cut him lose rather than wait for him to figure his wants out -- if he wanted you like you deserve, you'd know it. I'm sorry, though, because I know it still hurts. If only it were as easy as turning our emotions off once we knew they were taking us someplace unhealthy! Set yourself free, allow yourself to mourn the possibilities and dreams lost with that person, and then unleash your fabulous self on the world so the RIGHT person can find you and love you and cherish you like we all deserve.
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I am in the "this is actually reality and he's gone, but it's still unbelievable" state. You aren't the only one. Lots of love to you.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Ouch....been there done that...I hope you feel better soon...*hugs* Be strong, hold your head high.
    If he doesn´t want you then he doesn´t deserve you.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I hope you are doing better today. Endings are hard but I agree that the best way to get over it is to do the best you can for YOU. So don't give up, keep on with your program and you will be smiling again. All the best!
  • moepod
    moepod Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm going through something similar, it is hard, especially when you are still "in it" and they seem like you are no big deal any more. My wife has always been the one going after me and then we got in to an argument about her daughter, and she started packing her things, I called her bluff and didn't act upset, was letting her go. And now she's giving me the "but I'm still here, I never wanted to leave" sooo... why were you packing up your stuff then? I'm really lost on what to do with this situation. I kinda want her to leave but I know that it will be the worst pain ever. :brokenheart:
    Hopefully we will all find our way, I agree with all the responses that you have to just take care of yourself, you are the only one that you can always count on.
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Tender. You deserve someone who is excited to be with you. Screw that ambivalent dude. Remember the hurt is temporary and leaves you open for something much more rewarding. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:

^This! Don't settle for someone who doesn't want to or isn't able to give you all of himself. You deserve so much more than that! If he isn't "the one" it's ok...just means there's someone better out there waiting for you =)
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Feeling sad and lonely lately...been kind of down...tired of a man that can't seem to make up his mind about what he wants...which, to me, pretty much says he has and he just doesn't want to admit it to me. Maybe feeling down because I'm realizing it's the end of something I don't want to end and knowing the hurt I feel now is nothing compared to the hurt I'll feel when I fully accept the way things are. Again, just feeling sad & lonely. :frown: :brokenheart:

I feel ya. On all of those accounts. Just jump into your goals and try to forget people who are nothing but cement shoes...I need to take my own advice... anywho, chin up, buttercup. Wait till he sees you at your goal weight. :)
  • treimnitz
    treimnitz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Those were my thoughts exactly!
    If you have doubts about him and he isn't excited about you, why waste your time?
  • Krakenzmama
    Options
    Feeling sad and lonely lately...been kind of down...tired of a man that can't seem to make up his mind about what he wants...which, to me, pretty much says he has and he just doesn't want to admit it to me. Maybe feeling down because I'm realizing it's the end of something I don't want to end and knowing the hurt I feel now is nothing compared to the hurt I'll feel when I fully accept the way things are. Again, just feeling sad & lonely. :frown: :brokenheart:

I just went through a phase with my hubby where we didn't know if we wanted to be together. I am glad we had our differences worked out - and I decided to live how I want to

If I might put in my 2 cents if it's time to go, it's time to go. Start an exit strategy if you haven't already, give yourself a safety net for whatever reason he will be out of your life. Getting healthy is a great way to start, but other things like finances and emotional support etc should be arranged so you have something to catch you if things get bumpy (IMHO)
  • Dreamer058
    Dreamer058 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hang in there. It will get better. Take care of yourself. If he doesn't know what he has then you don't need him. There is a great guy waiting for you out there. I know there is one for me also. We will find them.