My 60kg/132lb weightloss story ( + b&a pics)

Options
Officialas
Officialas Posts: 50 Member
So i feel like posting my success story / biggest mini goal (from word go), which was to successfully lose 60kg (approx 132 lbs)!

No way in a million years would I have thought that I'd ever be able to lose such a substantial amount of weight, but I have finally done it, and well passed my half way weight-loss goal to achieve a healthy BMI.

I'm currently at around 62kg loss, but since i only just joined the site, thought i'd make a small post showing my before and after pictures from 60kg..

2mhwymd.png

Normally I hate posting full body shots of myself ANYWHERE, especially if it is occupied by a comparison picture of myself in 2011, but i know i'm surround with nothing but support and love in this amazing community (which i am new too, again might i add, so hi! hahaha) and so, there you go! Starting weight in October was 170kg (horrible, horrible horrible), currently sitting on 108kg as of today (June picture was 110kg).

Me being human, I have felt the benefits of losing that much weight (anyone would) and even though i could physically see and feel the difference - my clothes are too big, i don't lose breathe from basic tasks, etc etc etc - mentally i still feel the weight i was back in October and i'm still struggling to realize that i actually have lost weight, even though i can feel the difference within myself. I personally never believed i could do anything like this and although i still have much more to lose, I'm finally feeling somewhat proud of my achievement and hoping that this will encourage and motivate other people needing to lose weight! It is possible! I promise you hard work and nurturing your body with a proper healthy, fulfilling diet and fitness plan WILL have it's benefits in the long run!

I've had days where i feel like giving up, or i've cheated and felt a tremendous amount of guilt towards myself, but have rationally spaced out my thoughts and got myself back on track the very next day. We are all human and all have our off days, but that in itself should not discourage you along your journey. No life changing path is easy, we have to realize that! I can't wait to continue down on my journey and read up on others progresses! Good luck to everyone! WE CAN DO THIS!! :D

- Adrianna

Replies

• erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! Congrats, you look great!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    You look wonderful. What a different person you have become. And an inspiration to me, and I feel safe to say, to all of us. Keep up the good work, you have come a long way baby!!
  • jolson54829
    jolson54829 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look amazing!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

How did you lose 132lbs in eight months? What exercise regimen did you follow?
  • LeslieSJR
    LeslieSJR Posts: 64
    Options
    Congrats!
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic!
  • cmayoung
    cmayoung Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wow! such a difference! You look great!
  • santi251
    santi251 Posts: 47
    Options
    May I ask what you did?
  • Officialas
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

How did you lose 132lbs in eight months? What exercise regimen did you follow?

Thnak-you! I followed a very strict diet plan of 1600 cal as well as a 1-2 hour, 6 days a week, exercise plan that implemented both cardio and weights each day. I'm guilty in not eating back all my calories burned, but did eat back about half :)
    May I ask what you did?

My above answer is quite brief but I basically ate (still do) very clean, everything fresh and lean (fruit, veggies, lean meats - white meat more so), no artificial meals that come from packets, cans, etc and ruled out pasta and rice for a while (as advised by my dietician) and had only 2-3 slices of whole grain bread daily (got my remaining carbs from breakfasts like cereal or porridge, as well as good carbs in veggies). I also lowered my sodium intake drastically and am drinking plenty of water :)
  • Officialas
    Options
    Ahh, thank-you all so much for the support and kind words :')
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congratulations!
  • TiffanyCza
    TiffanyCza Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Gosh this is amazing!! I am appalled! Congratulations gorgeous!
  • Officialas
    Options
    Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!! :love:
  • katjo10
    katjo10 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! :flowerforyou: You look great! Keep it up!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    What an amazing success! Congrats on an awesome job well done!! :D
  • after_the_rain
    Options
    WOW!!! You look amazing! I'm truly inspired! :)
  • Officialas
    Options
    Thanks all :bigsmile:
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Congratulations. What an amazing accomplishment. :smile:
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!! Congratulations!!! :)
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Great job!!! keep it up!!!!!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!