Erotic Literature...

Options

Replies

• tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've got a Kindle Fire, and get almost all of my books for free through my library card. Yep, just finished 50 Shades last week.

Thanks for the reading suggestions! Adding them to my list!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Made for Sex by Joan Elizabeth Lloyd.

Trouble, Wicked, Sexy Devil, all by Sasha White.

One Wicked Night by Noelle Mack.

What Happens In Vegas by Jodi Kybb Copeland, Anya Bast, Lauren Dane, & Kit Tunstall.

Tempted by Megan Hart.

Going Down by Vonna Harper.

You asked for it!! :bigsmile:

Edited to add: these are erotica novels, NOT romance novels.

Also, 50 shades of grey sucks and does NOT portray the BDSM lifestyle accurately AT ALL.

My stepbrother's new wife was talking about 50 Shades of Grey and she made a comment about how the dude says he'd been molested as a child. Ugh. I do *not* get why so many "mainstream" books/movies seek to "justify" the BDSM lifestyle by making those who participate "damaged" in some way.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I've got a Kindle Fire, and get almost all of my books for free through my library card. Yep, just finished 50 Shades last week.

Thanks for the reading suggestions! Adding them to my list!

I am so jealous! My library has a e-book waiting list that is months long.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE the Black Dagger Brotherhood! Fantastic series! I also like her other series...Fallen Angels!

Me too but my favorite one is of Vischous oh God I so love that one!!!!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

What Happens In Vegas by Jodi Kybb Copeland, Anya Bast, Lauren Dane, & Kit Tunstall.

Tempted by Megan Hart.

Also, 50 shades of grey sucks and does NOT portray the BDSM lifestyle accurately AT ALL.

My stepbrother's new wife was talking about 50 Shades of Grey and she made a comment about how the dude says he'd been molested as a child. Ugh. I do *not* get why so many "mainstream" books/movies seek to "justify" the BDSM lifestyle by making those who participate "damaged" in some way.
    I agree, but he wasn't really molested as a child. He was neglected as a very young child, adopted into a rich family, and had an affair with an older woman in his later teen years which is where he was introduced to BDSM. Still, for all the raving over the books I was excited to read them and so disappointed.
  • abberbabber
    Options

Tempted by Megan Hart.

I agree, but he wasn't really molested as a child. He was neglected as a very young child, adopted into a rich family, and had an affair with an older woman in his later teen years which is where he was introduced to BDSM. Still, for all the raving over the books I was excited to read them and so disappointed.

Ahhh....ok, she didn't make that clear. But still...just, ugh. It has to be something weird, lol. Oddly enough, all the negative things I've heard have made me more curious to read it than the positive LOL. Maybe I can talk someone into loaning it to me....
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Tempted by Megan Hart.

Not to mention that she let romance get in the way of truly portraying what BDSM is. My opinion and what I got from it was that she didn't even WANT to write about it. She just wanted to skim the edges of a "shocking" lifestyle.
  • abberbabber
    Options

Tempted by Megan Hart.

Not to mention that she let romance get in the way of truly portraying what BDSM is. My opinion and what I got from it was that she didn't even WANT to write about it. She just wanted to skim the edges of a "shocking" lifestyle.

Ok, I have to ask lol. What do you mean by letting romance get in the way of portraying what BDSM is?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Tempted by Megan Hart.

Ok, I have to ask lol. What do you mean by letting romance get in the way of portraying what BDSM is?

She continues to break his "rules". He lets her get away with it because he falls for her.
  • abberbabber
    Options

She continues to break his "rules". He lets her get away with it because he falls for her.

What? Just....no lol.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Wonder if the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy is on Nook. ...
    It's on amazon.. but a ridiculous $13 for the kindle version... stupid really. At those rate they are making too much $$ for nothin'... and I ain't buyin' it.

Free... Tuebl.com :)

this page is not found? is there a type-o?

eta: page must be down... found it but won't open. ;(

Server musta. Went down, they are usually pretty quick to fix :)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Black Dagger Brotherhood FOR THE ULTIMATE WIN. When is the next book coming out!!! IM DROOLING.

Anything by Lora Leigh... She's amazing!
  • momo3boyz
    momo3boyz Posts: 29
    Options
    Not erotic, but very quick and entertaining reads:

Diary of a Mad Fat Girl
    The Art of Racing in the Rain
  • H3xDcml
    H3xDcml Posts: 12
    Options
    Obviously the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy( I gotta go to Target soon!)

Samson's Lovely Mortal - Free in Kindle store ( Vampire erotica - 200+ pages)

Forever Vampire- Michele Hauf- Again Vampire erotica- checked out at local library

I love supernatural erotica, the more the merrier!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I just finished 50 Shades yesterday. I enjoyed it, but I have to say I got tired of the sex scenes. It played a bigger role in the first book, in my opinion, than the rest. After that it was...again?? What possess someone to write stories like that? And I do not believe anyone's sex life is that perfect! Thanks for the ideas for some new books!
  • JOEYJACKMOM
    Options
    bump
  • Fani2003
    Fani2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am a huge 50 shades fan (don't judge me!). I loved Bared to You as well and actually listening to the audio while I do Couch 2 5k. Waiting on the sequel. Sleeping Beauty was just bizarre IMO.

For fun cheap/ reads (non-erotica) I like Heather Wardell and she just did a part of her series (although you do not have to read them in order) called Lucy Wagner gets in Shape, where the side plot (other than cheesy romance) is her training for a marathon. Kind of fun to read with MFP going on.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy by Anne Rice. I read a ton of erotica but really hate romance as I don't believe in the validity of the notion.
  • LisaEileen
    LisaEileen Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump...so I can remember to read some of this smut. :)
  • jaygregz
    jaygregz Posts: 104
    Options
    Favorite erotic book..

Sleeping with Strangers (also the 2nd book.. Waking with Enemies).

Alternatively anything by Eric D!ckey or Zane.