Low carb diet (Atkins) and MFP

Options
Hi, I want to start Induction on Atkins hoping to lose from 144-125lbs, is it necessary to stick to calories 1200 from MFP? apparently its about the carbs not too much about calories as long as they not more than 1500.
Also want to workout 5times a week totone up butt and tummy.

has anyone tried it or any other low carb plan??

Replies

• DietandVlogsense
    DietandVlogsense Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Personally I do not see Atkins as a valid method; I know too many people who have either failed, or piled the wieght back on once they have finished.

Sticking to the MFP calculated calories and increasing your levels of activity should give you the results you need.

Remember if Calories in < Calories out you WILL loose weight.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to start Induction on Atkins hoping to lose from 144-125lbs, is it necessary to stick to calories 1200 from MFP? apparently its about the carbs not too much about calories as long as they not more than 1500.
    Also want to workout 5times a week totone up butt and tummy.
    has anyone tried it or any other low carb plan??
    You can change your custom goals at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom to 5-10% carbs, 30% protein, rest fat (for example).

I wouldn't stick to a rigid target of calories if trying to stick to a carb limit, let it float +/- 200 calories for a while. Exercise every other day may be better, allows recovery. If starting Atkins induction you may need extra salt to stave off light headedness and similar symptoms.