Good Vibes Needed

Options
Ok people, I need some help.

Life kinda sticks for the past few weeks. I definitely don't have the hardest life in the world, but I'm struggling right now none the less. My house was robed a couple of weeks ago, then my boyfriend (2.5 years) and I broke up while on vacation this past weekend. I'm struggling because I'm lonely and depressed and just need to hear some good thoughts right now. I don't have family close to lean on and it's hard to share these things with most of my friends.

So... if you feel like sending me some positive thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Replies

• SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'd give you a hug if i could.

Im sorry to hear you've had to endure more than one horrible event in the past few weeks and I really hope things get better for you. In the mean time, the best thing you could do, is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and force things to start getting better :)

Start with yourself, perhaps get your hair or nails done. Do something that reminds you what you're worth. With or without a man. You're still you and you still deserve to reach your goals no matter what.

Keep smiling and you might just fool yourself into believing that things arent as bad as they seem :flowerforyou:
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'll pray for you :)
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Awe Jen...I'm so sorry you are struggling. I wish that I lived closer so that we could hang out together. I want you to teach me to mountain bike! Darn work for not having any openings out there! :-( I could throw all those cliche sayings at ya right now to try to make you feel better but reality is that this is your struggle and your journey and you will get through it. We will all be here to support ya and help pick you up when you fall. It will get better..... Message me any time you want to talk.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    im sorry dear :( Those are all terrible things to have to go through. You came to the right place for support, in weight loss goals and just in regular life. I know you will make it through! Just keep your head up and surround yourself with loving and positive people. I wish you the best of luck.
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having such a crappy time right now. I agree with the pp - go do something for yourself that makes you feel really great, whether that's getting your hair or nails done, or just going for a really amazing bike ride. I know things are tough right now but things always have a way of working out and it will get better for you. You can always message me too if you need to talk. Sending hugs your way!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for what you're going through. That's a seriously rough set of things to process all at once without a family support network. I know what it's like to have no support network. {{{{{Jen}}}}}

Remember this- the bad things have happened, but good things are on their way. You are physically okay and you are a survivor. You'll make it through. A robber can take things, but he can only take you peace of mind if you give it to him. Don't do it. Your boyfriend feels like a loss, but he made a choice. You can't change him or what happened. You can only choose to move forward. You are the important one here and you are the one you can change.

I find that the serenity prayer really helps me in times like this.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
    The strength to change the things I can
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Accept others and what has happened for what they are. Change only yourself by becoming stronger. And know that you can do this.

*hugs*
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I am going to quote one of my favorite movies from my childhood, Anne of Green Gables

"Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it"

I'm going through a hard time too-I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    Prayer for sure, and remember with lows comes HIGHS! positive vibes coming to you girl x
  • lydiatina
    lydiatina Posts: 14
    Options
    im sorry your going through such a tough time, i split up with my partner (of neally two yrs) on holiday also at the end of may.again i had little in the way of a support network as i only moved where i live for a short time,but you know what, you will come out of this so much stronger! i wrote a blog about it a couple of days ago,have a read ,i hope you will gain strength from reading my journey so far,it literally starts with my break up.so think you will relate and gain hope that the future will be so much better than where you are right now.all the best!!
  • JmTrapani89
    Options

Life kinda sticks for the past few weeks. I definitely don't have the hardest life in the world, but I'm struggling right now none the less. My house was robed a couple of weeks ago, then my boyfriend (2.5 years) and I broke up while on vacation this past weekend. I'm struggling because I'm lonely and depressed and just need to hear some good thoughts right now. I don't have family close to lean on and it's hard to share these things with most of my friends.

So... if you feel like sending me some positive thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Don't let it get you down to hard, I struggle with a high amount of stress just due to the nature of my job but something that helps keep me on a positive track is a Dream Board. Basically I took a foam board and pinned pictures of the things I want, i.e. a skinny models torso, a puppy, a beautiful condo, and a degree in administration. I posted it in my bathroom so that several times a day I can see the things I am working towards, and at the bottom is my weight loss goal and every day that I am good with food and exercise I put a smiley face on the time line. I have a handful of sad faces but its reassuring to see the happy ones. Good luck and keep your chin up!
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options

That's awful to have two bad events so close to one another, but it sounds you've got a nice clean slate. You may be feeling lonely right now but it's also a great time to get to enjoy a little time to yourself too. I'm sure your friends would be there for you if you talked to them about it, if you don't feel like going into the details just invite a few of them to go out dancing or something to take your mind off things. I hope things get better for you soon.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Awwww poor you! Its easy to get fixated on the bad things, especially when they all seem to happen at once. But make a list of all the good things in your life and focus on those things. Happiness is a state of mind. You'll be alright :-)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hey... it worked!! Things are looking up! Thanks for all the good vibes, everyone. Today was a very productive day, lots of unexpected good things happened, and I was only a little bit sad. Here's hoping my luck holds for tomorrow!
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Positive vibes & good juju coming your way!
  • SRW31
    SRW31 Posts: 11
    Options
    Your tomorrow will be better, each and everyday will get better, but you have to surround yourself with positive people, and silence the negative thoughts, and if you need some help, we're all here for you! :wink:
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry for the trials you've gone through the last several days. I did notice that you said things are setteling down and your doing better now, im glad. It sucks when S#!T hits the fan all at the same time. Just remember that there is a reason for everything that happens under the sun. All struggles "Can" make us stronger if we can manage to grow through them. I am sure you are an awesome person and don't deserve any of this but, know that we all go through it from time to time. Your not alone. For me, remembering to be thankful for the things that are good in my life helps me to get through. On the boyfriend subject I have some amazing words of wisdom......you ready???????? The best way to get over the old one is to find a new one!:drinker: (Bet you haven't heard that before):tongue: No but really, I am sorry and I hope you find a man that is 10x better then the last. Hugs!