Wedding day successes!

Options

Replies

• miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    ooh I want to play!

Pre-wedding: (wavering around the 230lb mark)

cuba.jpg

Law school did not do good things for me!

Lawball.jpg

Wedding Day: Was about 209 I think

Wedding1.jpg

wedding2.jpg

Then ballooned back up a bit to 230 again :S but after THAT found MFP and this is a more recent pic! 193 and almost at my goal!

target.jpg

Just remember that you shouldn't lose weight solely for your wedding. There are a LOT of days after that one and you can continue to look fab (or work to look even more fab!) afterward!
  • baileyew27
    baileyew27 Posts: 18
    Options
    My wedding is 12.08.12. A little over four months away. Its been slow, but I do got to the gym alot and enjoy life. I did a protein diet right before xmas and got down to 159 and then balloon back up because I ate/drank more than working out and got back up to 175 around spring break. Then I have been losing and am back down to 160. I want to be around 145 for my weddding, which is not a hard goal to reach, but the weight is so slow coming off. I know that inches and muscle tone has changed which is awesome - just would like to see the scale do the same thing. This is a life style change but its nice to have small goals to achieve!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    ooh I want to play!

Pre-wedding: (wavering around the 230lb mark)

cuba.jpg

Law school did not do good things for me!

Lawball.jpg

Wedding Day: Was about 209 I think

Wedding1.jpg

wedding2.jpg

Then ballooned back up a bit to 230 again :S but after THAT found MFP and this is a more recent pic! 193 and almost at my goal!

target.jpg

Just remember that you shouldn't lose weight solely for your wedding. There are a LOT of days after that one and you can continue to look fab (or work to look even more fab!) afterward!

Holy transformation, Batman!

GOregous!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options

Holy transformation, Batman!

GOregous!

Thanks! :D
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I did it!

Feel free to friend me!

I started my journey in June of 2011. I received my pictures back from an engagement photo shoot and couldn't believe that the person in the photos was me. I felt huge and wasn't happy. My weight loss journey started with wanting to look good in my wedding pictures and I am continuing it because I want to be happy and healthy.

Before: at 179
    <html>
    before2.jpg
    before1.jpg

Wow! So beautiful! You (and your gown) are gorgeous! Amazing work.

After: around 143
    525783_375288959197110_61018634_n.jpg

181234_374892012570138_745869174_n.jpg
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Sorry to keep re-posting the pictures. I'll take them out next time. my bad.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I did it!

Feel free to friend me!

I started my journey in June of 2011. I received my pictures back from an engagement photo shoot and couldn't believe that the person in the photos was me. I felt huge and wasn't happy. My weight loss journey started with wanting to look good in my wedding pictures and I am continuing it because I want to be happy and healthy.

Wow! So beautiful! You (and your gown) are gorgeous! Amazing work.
  • ChrystenMB
    ChrystenMB Posts: 23
    Options
    There was about 6 months between these two pictures. I'm happy I lost some of the weight, but I know I could have done more! Oh well, the pictures came out great and it was such a fun day! I's 5'2" and 180 when I started down to 160ish for the wedding.

7603244704_54495a1c22.jpg

7603255134_2a12d26823.jpg
  • MrsIngram2012
    Options
    I've decided to join in with you guys too! Every little bit helps.

I get married in about 9 weeks but should have started serious weight loss ages ago. When I first got engaged I lost just over a stone and kept it off and have just lost an extra 10lbs since joining mfp.

My goal is to be around 160lbs but I know that won't happen for the big day but I had this realisation the other day that it's got to be for my life. Not just for one day so I will keep going with this til I reach my goal.

My profile picture is from my hen night two weeks ago and I've lost the 10 since then

Good luck girlies xx
  • jscheuf
    jscheuf Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!!! I am getting married in 8 months and really want to lose 20 pounds before that. I really wanted to get down a lot before our engagement pictures but we are getting those done next week so I guess I just have to be happy with the 10 pounds I have lost for those.
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I really think your goal is just as important if it's 10lb or 100lb! We're all here to get healthier at the end of the day! :)
    Congrats ladies, lots of brides-to-be out there :flowerforyou:
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Wow to all those pictures! You all look stunning and I love love the transformation!! :heart: Beautiful dresses! :heart:

I got engaged a couple of weeks back and we have set the date for next year August, so there is plenty of time for me to lose as close to 100lbs as possible :bigsmile: I have started MFP a couple of weeks before my SO proposed, but it definitely has given me more determination to look good on my wedding day and finally get rid of all this weight. Especially seeing as we would like to start a familie soon after as well, and that certainly will be easier with less weight!

Apart from setting the date and booking the venue in Germany (my hometown :love: ) we have not made any more plans - so all the exciting times lie ahead of me - can't wait to hear what you're all are planning for your big day (or for the ones that are married: what was the best part of your day, what would you do differently?

Good luck to all of us! :happy:
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in 5 weeks. I wont be at my final goal by then but I set a smaller goal of 164lbs i'm 11 lbs away but would be happy if im 170 on the day.
    I just bought my dress on Sunday too! Get to try it on Friday when I get to my mams
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just returned from my honeymoon this past Monday and just got back on the MFP site/boards...not because I'm not interested in finishing my weight loss journey...

...but because I thought my mother was going to kill me if I didn't maintain my size when she fitted my wedding dress! Yes, the blessed, holy saint that she is, my mother made my wedding dress by hand when I could find nothing in the stores that I liked. (Everything was too froofy for a simple country princess like me...)

I started my weight loss program in July 2011, after I saw photos of myself at my family reunion:

7278515_9021.jpg

Here's one from February 2011; I think I may have been even heavier then:

7278515_6620.jpg7278515_1710.jpg

The second is the one showing off my engagement ring (I was engaged on March 31st, 2012, so we could tell everybody on April Fool's Day and see who believed us.)

I would post pictures from the wedding, but unfortunately Facebook is blocked at work, so I'll get back to you...

I did not expect to get married when I began the weight loss, but I knew it was probably coming. My goal then was to reduce a lot of the health risks I had at the time (and am now medication-free!). As I got closer to becoming engaged, my focus definitely shifted to looking good on the big day, and 65 lbs. down was simply phenomenal (even though I didn't reach my goal of 90).

The family who had seen me at the reunion in 2011 saw me 65 lbs. lighter in 2012. THAT was the feeling I was going for!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Ditto :smile: My day is August 31, 2013.
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just returned from my honeymoon this past Monday and just got back on the MFP site/boards...not because I'm not interested in finishing my weight loss journey...

Welcome back! Congratulations to you and your new hubby on your wedding!:drinker:

I hope you had a great time on your honeymoon! I can't wait to see the pictures of your success! Congratulations on your successes so far. That's a great accomplishment!
  • JayElleOh
    JayElleOh Posts: 61
    Options
    bump :D I am getting married June 1, 2013. Amazing work ladies..You are all so motivating !!
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I went from 134 lbs to 120 on my wedding day. Granted I gained it all back and more, at least I looked good that day ;-)
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I mainly came in to see the dresses :ohwell: haha.

Stunning dresses, stunning ladies, well done!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You ladies all look beautiful!!
    I managed to lose 55 pounds before my wedding and was the smallest I'd ever been in a long time, 50 pounds may not sound like much but I'm only 5'2" so it was the difference between being quite overweight and being thin. (there is a picture in my profile)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!