50lbs gone by christmas??

Options

Replies

• abc2003family
    abc2003family Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is just the kind of group I'm looking for right now. I'm in! Friend requests going out!:flowerforyou:
  • tebcolorado
    Options
    Ooh! I like this goal. Count me in!
  • theweightisover
    theweightisover Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is wanting motivation to lose 50 lbs by Christmas add me!! I am all about setting goals and keeping others motivated too!! Maybe we should start a little groupie group for all those wanting 50lbs down for our Christmas gift!! Friend me and let's keep each other going!

Game on!! Where do I sign up?? :happy:
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Totally in on this one...WE CAN DO IT! Right? :)
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I plugged my goal into a spreadsheet and made a column for 1 lb per week vs 2 pounds per week to see how long it would take to reach my goal. Please feel welcome to add me as a friend, as "Christmas" is about what my 2 lb per week rate comes out to be.

:)
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose that much by Christmas! I would have to work my butt off though. I tend to only lose 5 lbs a month so if I lost 30 by then it would be great! You guys can add me. I need as much motivation as I can get. I start losing it after about 6 weeks so I really need it!
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want in!
    I'm working, slowly, but surely, on adding everyone who is going to make this a goal to my friend's list.

I must say UP FRONT that I will probably not make the goal.... but it doesn't mean you guys can't and it doesn't mean I can't have fun trying, right!? I am a SUPER SLOW loser especially since having two kids and a hysterectomy. I want everyone to be OK with it if they don't make the goal, it is a hefty one and leaves little to no room for mistakes, or as I like to call them "bumps" in the road/journey. Don't join the challenge if you think it may leave you wanting to quit or give up when you realize you haven't quite made the goal. Be happy with progress...ANY PROGRESS....

Ok, so let's start losing! Add me if I missed you or haven't got to you yet. :D
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you like! I have the same goal. Whoohoo! We can do it!
  • ldugon
    ldugon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not going to be easy but totally doable! If you need some support along the way feel free to friend me. Everyone needs a good cheerleader! Best of luck!
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50lbs by Christmas! Add me!
  • thebzax
    thebzax Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i've JUST started attempting to lose weight, i'm currently 5'2" and 251lbs - was 266lbs about a month ago - and i would LOVE to be at 200lbs for christmas! so yeah anyone who wants to add me for motivation, go for it :D xx
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this last night. I want to be 50lbs lighter by xmas, too! Anyone with this goal please add me! the more support the better :)
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am trying for the same thing. I need some more friends to help keep me motivated. Anyone with this goal as well can friend me!

We can do it!! 50 pounds gone by Christmas!
  • natalianogueira
    natalianogueira Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in! We should have a group for that! :happy:
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    To be goal weight at christmas would be awesome! I think we can all do it if we put our minds to it :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose. If I were to lose 50 lbs by xmas I'd be 100 lbs and dying :laugh: but if you have 50 or more to lose then I really think you could get it done very well. There are 22 weeks until xmas. At 1.5 lbs a week (sometimes you'll lose 2, sometimes nothing, sometimes 1.) That is about 33 lbs. If you REALLY put yourself to it, you can lose 44 or a little more.

Do NOT starve yourself to do this and do NOT overwork yourself. Working out for 6 hrs a day is not going to benefit your health, even if it does make you lose weight.

It is a great goal but maybe you could say by new year or change it to 40lbs by xmas - then when you blast by that target you can feel even better. :smile:
  • Tolstoi
    Tolstoi Posts: 1
    Options
    Can I join in too? The more support the better!
  • BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I want to do this as well.

Anybody else who is doing this should add me! I need people who are of the same mind :)
  • Happemomma
    Happemomma Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes, I would LOVE to lose 50 pounds by Christmas. That would be awesome!!! I'm in:smile: I'd even be happy with losing 44 pounds by Christmas.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My original goal was 40 by dec 12 (my birthday) but I would love to push myself to lose 50 by Christmas! Add me for support :)
    We can all do it!!!