Is there any defectors from other sites ?

Options

Replies

• lovecellomusic
    Options
    I came from calorie king. The people were great but not worth $75 a year.
  • KnittingSoo
    KnittingSoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I considered defecting but didn't.

I'm a WW online user - tried MFP, nutracheck, and Jillian Michaels (oh! and FitBit) but have decided to stick with WW and FitBIt to track activity. Lost 70lbs so far in 2012 so it's working well. MFP feels a bit clunky to me - and there is so much conflicting information on the message boards but very little (that I could find) real advice from MFP other than the daily target. I visit now and then to look for recipes and meal inspiration.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I used to do Weight Watchers. It just cost to much. I love this is free
    Yep.
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used Calorie King for a few years. When I started, it was $15, then jumped to $55. Didn't know it had jumped to $75. Wow! This site has all of the same features and functions for FREE!

I also signed up for Spark People, but never got into it. It was busy and clunky. Not my thing.
  • CandieCapps
    CandieCapps Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No you're not. I find it very offensive. Some folks are just rude. There are things we could say about them but they it would fall into sterotypes and I don't do that.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I used Weight Watchers ages ago but quit after I lost thirty pounds. I like this so much better.
  • Crissthetealcat
    Crissthetealcat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm another defector from Spark People. I found that many of the foods I ate were not in their database, and that when I did a Google search for nutritional data, 99% of the time it was on MFP that I found it. When I saw that MFP also had a mobile app, I switched and never went back. I still get the articles from SP emailed to me, and I find them somewhat helpful, but overall, this site (both mobile and PC) are more user friendly, faster, and simpler to just get the job done and go back to the rest of life without having to think about food all day.
  • cryan1980
    cryan1980 Posts: 37
    Options
    fitday
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    If Americans know one thing, its gathering intelligence and food. Have you seen the average American, they eat a lot of food.

Huh?? Am I the only one the finds this slightly offensive?

Nope...not the only one!!

I used to use Fitday. I liked certain aspects of it, but find MFP more user friendly.
  • momof2TONI
    momof2TONI Posts: 116
    Options
    I recently switched over from SparkPeople. I was on there for a couple of years until my daughter showed me this site. It is SO much easier to input my food and exercises on MFP.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I used to use SparkPeople, but I was never really dedicated. I like that they have a variety of things to keep you coming back to the site (daily wheel spins, awards, etc) but it never worked for me. Felt too cluttered and like a popularity contest.

I defected from SparkPeople also because their scanner app was terrible. But their food database and other functions of the app are better than MFP. If they ever fix their scanner app I may go back
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    In the UK I went to Slimming World and was successful. I got VERY close to my goal twice (as I joined 3 times) but never maintained the weight. I tried Spark People but HATED counting calories...saw reference to MFP on twitter so thought I would give it a try. I've lost 20+lbs since February and so VERY close to my goal now. I have never gotten this far so fast and feeling so motivated. I exercise 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes and determined to keep this up. (And Husband joined as well and is doing amazing as well! I'm so proud of him!). I love how easy MFP is to use. I'm just hoping I will keep it up when I get to my goal and maintain my healthy weight!
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I defected from Nutracheck too! MFP is great and offers pretty much the same service for free. Plus the forums are an absolute hoot! :laugh:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If Americans know one thing, its gathering intelligence and food. Have you seen the average American, they eat a lot of food.

I find it slightly amusing and true.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I used to use livestrong. Myfitnesspal is ten times better (and the community is better too!)
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Spark People but I could never get into it.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I used to use SparkPeople, but I was never really dedicated. I like that they have a variety of things to keep you coming back to the site (daily wheel spins, awards, etc) but it never worked for me. Felt too cluttered and like a popularity contest.

Tried Spark...hated it...MFP rocks
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

probably
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I came here from calorie count.com. I hate their user interface. It was so hard to figure out how to log in foods and how to change them up and their database was not even half as big as MFP. It was just too complicated. I gave it a week, gave up and migrated to MFP and I'm sooooooo glad I did!

I can from caloriecount.com too...and agree with the limitations it had and although I tried to stick it out, it was just WAY too time consuming to maneuver. I also did the whole weight watchers thing but found them too restrictive. (as I hate veggies) lol
  • kiminor
    kiminor Posts: 38 Member
    Options

THIS^^^^ I also noticed so much easy putting in food here too.

Same here except adding a recipe is much harder here. If I need to do that I will add it at spark and then come here and add just the calories. I love the bar scan on the app here!