Water

Options
JediSwan
JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
So my friends, when you get sick of just drinking water to get your "water intake," what else do you drink? Or do you add things to your water to make it taste better to get through all the water you SHOULD be drinking. I sometimes add MIO, or some other crystal light mix.

Replies

• mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The things I add are:
    Ice
    fresh lemon or lime
    crystal light packets (rare though)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I either add ice, or lemons. Nothing else. If I add crystal light or a tea bag, I don't consider it "water" anymore.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ice and lime, thats it for me, I hate the water add ins, they are either too sweet or have that chemically aftertaste. I drink tea tho.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Crystal light used to be a main addition to my water. I find the more I drink, the more I love it (water that is). But when I want flavor, I add herbal teas and crystal light.
  • Andromeda173
    Options
    I don't really add anything, except ice. :) Something that helps me with water intake is to have a large bottle of water nearby at your job/desk(mine's a one liter) and take 10 swigs every time you get up or sit down. It makes drinking that much seem way less daunting!
  • hondagirl26
    Options
    I sometimes add a little splash of cranberry juice. Just gives it a bit of flavour.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm usually ok with it plain-as long as I have ice so it's ice cold :) I did find (this morning actually) Lipton White Tea with Raspberry-pretty good :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I like to make a twist. I add lime and marchino cherry juice to a little bit. Or a splash of cherry or other juice and a cap full of vinegar with ice.
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    I put cucumbers in my water.
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    i just end up buying flavored water to switch it up
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Just add ice. Nothing beats ice cold water.
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Lemon slices or a few drops of lemon juice. Also cucumber slices- tastes like being at a spa :)
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to lots of artificial sweeteners so I stay away from Crystal Light and the like.

I generally keep my water bottle between my face and my computer
    (it's a cambelback, so no hands needed)
    that way whenever I lean forward (to read something, etc) my mouth is so close to the water I automatically take a sip

Also, I make myself drink my entire water bottle before I allow myself a potty break, so I can fill it up while I'm in the bathroom!! That's a real motivator when I need to tinkle!!!
  • witzless
    witzless Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices are awesome in water!
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    like others have said, lemon lime or orange slices... you could also try adding cucumber or mint leaves to your water. Sometimes I go for seltzer (aka soda water) if I need some fizz :)
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    I add a cap full of lemon juice to a 20 oz bottle. I always get 4- 20oz bottles down before lunch time that way.
  • fatpanda96
    fatpanda96 Posts: 77
    Options
    I have some iced tea. I looove me some iced tea :love:
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    True Orange packets, heavily diluted. Strawberries and real oranges are great too.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have a 20 oz jug at my desk at work and constantly reaching for it cause its right in front of my face. Most days its just ice water. I may do the cucumber thing :) There are some days when I despise that water bottle though. lol I dont add things very often but now I have new ideas of what to add. Thanks!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have a fun water bottle assortment. I like water with nothing in it and I love adding up all the cups so it's easy for me. When it's cold out though I love herbal teas, I end up drinking so much more in the winter between regular water and herbal tea =]