30 Day Shred tomorrow 7/23/12

Options

Replies

• ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Whew. Ok. That was awesome! And my arms are shaking!

I can see the logic behind her training....Jillian is awesome and terrible all at the same time lol.

So...day 1 of level 1 complete. Let's see how I feel tomorrow because tonight I felt like dying :-)

Tomorrow is my running day...not sure how I feel about 30 DS every day.

I tried it this morning after running, didn't go so well. She starts out with squats, and my legs just couldn't take it after running.
  • smmrmllr
    smmrmllr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bummer... I'm starting a day late
  • anile2012
    anile2012 Posts: 10
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of level one! yay! :)

My thighs are so sore I can hardly walk the stairs at my house - haha!

I log it in as 'circuit training' and set it about 150cals (because MFP is quite generous)
  • bethxhx
    bethxhx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 today, gonna do it later after swimming. Hope to see results.
  • Tanisha1014
    Options
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2. I had to pause it a few times, but I'm happy with what I've accomplished for the day.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of level one! yay! :)

My thighs are so sore I can hardly walk the stairs at my house - haha!

I log it in as 'circuit training' and set it about 150cals (because MFP is quite generous)

Thanks for the info...I was kind of depressed seeing only 144 cals burned on my HRM....now I know that it's about average.
  • MtnKat
    Options
    Whew. Ok. That was awesome! And my arms are shaking!

I can see the logic behind her training....Jillian is awesome and terrible all at the same time lol.

So...day 1 of level 1 complete. Let's see how I feel tomorrow because tonight I felt like dying :-)

Tomorrow is my running day...not sure how I feel about 30 DS every day.

Yea, I probably couldn't do it after running too lol. I'm going to do my 30 DS in the evenings on running days...I'm going to shoot for mornings on non-running days.

One thing I've noticed since I started walking to work...If I exercise (run, whatever) right before my walk to work, my heart rate is still a little elevated and I burn more calories. Awesome little extra calorie burn without even trying lol.
    I tried it this morning after running, didn't go so well. She starts out with squats, and my legs just couldn't take it after running.
  • msmary1213
    msmary1213 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did check it out on YouTube. I have to get ready for work shortly, but I'm willing to start on tomorrow.
  • MtnKat
    Options
    Going to commit to this....at least for the 30 days to see the results. I was sore this morning, but not unreasonably sore. I'm going to try a little harder this evening. I pictured myself as "that guy"....you know, the one in the back of the class barely moving as everyone else kicks it into high gear lol.

I measured myself this morning. Hope to see some differences lol.
  • jamaicabound
    jamaicabound Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know I am late but I will start today 7/24/12, with you guys too. I love Jillian Michaels workouts and I love 30 day shred :)
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD but I've never done it consistently. I'm in the mood for some motivation and this seems like a perfect opportunity.
    I just need to find a way to convert it to a gym setting to keep me going. When im home I make excuses.
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'll start today too! I have Ripped in 30, so I'll do that one.
  • meb1118
    meb1118 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want to start today too:)
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My DVD's supposed to come in today, so I'll start tomorrow! Feel free to add me as a friend. Thanks!
  • schulze1975
    Options
    I started yesterday too! add me if you like - I'd like to see how it works for everyone else too!
  • Athena42006
    Athena42006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in too. I started it 3 weeks ago but got hurt running. I will start tonight :)
  • Cherryfire64
    Options
    I will start today... I need to get back on track after having a rough week last week. Gonna count today as day one :) Add me as a friend!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did Day 1 of Level 3! And oh man, is my middle back sore today! I've really been pleased with the results from this program - in inches. I'm not as worried about the exact number of pounds but I have lost at least ten pounds since starting (that's in conjunction with a 1200 calorie vegetarian diet and other workouts). I highly recommend people take their measurements before starting the 30DS. I didn't and I realllllllly wish I had. I just know I've lost major inches and many areas have toned up. I DID NOT do it everyday. I alternated between gym cardio (spinning class) 3 days a week and the shred 3-4 days a week. I always tried to give myself a day off from everything each week and I never pushed myself if I was too sore. I decided I'd rather take the time off to heal up a little so I could go at it hard the next time then barely make it through the 25 minutes.

Good luck everyone!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info...I was kind of depressed seeing only 144 cals burned on my HRM....now I know that it's about average.
    Level 1 of 30DS burns around 190-200 calories for me (118 lbs, female, 29 yrs). Comparatively, week 1 of Ripped in 30 burns around 240 or so.

I burn more running for the same amount of time, but for overall strength/toning I'm happy to sacrifice 50-100 calories burned. (Well, plus I will still go running after work.)