helppppp

Options
So I have completely lost my "mojo"...I've been eating right, exercising...and I GAINED...how does THAT work??? Completely lost all motivation to even bother and think being a 'fat *kitten*' is just how it's supposed to be.....anyone else feel like me too?

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    How long have you been working out and eating right?
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What can of exercise are you doing?

How many calories? I cant see your food diary so I can can't say much

What is your ultimate goal? How much have you lost? WHen did you start?
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Is it that time of the month? I always gain when my monthly visitor comes.
  • urfitnesspal2
    urfitnesspal2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What can of exercise are you doing?

How many calories? I cant see your food diary so I can can't say much

What is your ultimate goal? How much have you lost? WHen did you start?

This
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    So I have completely lost my "mojo"...I've been eating right, exercising...and I GAINED...how does THAT work??? Completely lost all motivation to even bother and think being a 'fat *kitten*' is just how it's supposed to be.....anyone else feel like me too?

This is natural!!! Did you take measurements before (hips, waist...etc)? Do your clothes fit looser? Don't rely on the scale - it is just a number!!! As you get in better shape, you will reduce fat (hopefully) and gain muscle (hopefully). Muscle is more dense than fat...so even though it takes up less space it is heavier. So, you are probably getting smaller (take the measurements!!!) but weighing more.
  • ncashman
    ncashman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    try changing up your routine of both types of food and exercise. good luck!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates with in 5 pounds. You may be experiencing the same thing. Don't give up, just be consistent and good to yourself. Give it some time and see what happens.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I put on a pound or two if I'm lifting a lot or not drinking enough water... Weight fluctuates, pay more attention to your waist measurements.
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    If you open your food diary, then you will get more useful words:)
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    don't give up, gaining muscle can cause a pound or two gain and sometimes you reach a plateau for a little while. try changing your exercise routine a bit to shake things up x
  • meredith707
    Options
    wow!

Basically I have my stationary bike that i bought for my birthday...i've been the same weight since february of this year...been consistant the last month. I've tried walking more, drinking more water, cut out a lot of alcohol i rarely even have a glass of wine...maybe once a month. I've cut out soda except an occasional once in a while...i lost maybe 3 lbs for my wedding and gained it back...

i never took measurements but I supposed i can go buy one of those tapes and do that to see...i just hate not seeing ANY results!

i've always been nervous to post my food diary but if it's gonna help - then i'll unlock it.

Thanks everyone and please keep support coming...i'm in a SEVERE mood to just go eat cake and ice cream and fast food....oh how i would love a big mac right now :(
  • urfitnesspal2
    Options
    I exercise when I am hungry, and it usually helps alot. If you make this a way of life and not a short term goal, you will be relieved of the stress of needing results all the time. This program works and your body will adjust to the diet change. Also try to determine if you are hungry because your body needs food, or because there is something going on in your life that is causing you to stress out and want a reward/pick me up. If it is stress related, find a way to resolve that issue! :) Measurements are def. a good suggestion. Watch your sodium intake, it can cause you to hold water. AND... you mentioned you recently married so I will mention the obvious... your body may gain weight if you are eating for two ;) Anyways- good luck and hang with it/ keep asking for encouragement when you need it.

Congrats on the marriage BTW
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Assuming that your food diary is up to date, I would seriously ask you to consider eating more. 600 calories a day can cause lean muscle loss and can slow your metabolism, making it even harder to lose weight. I know it seems counter-productive but try to add some calorie dense foods to your diet to help boost your metabolism and fuel your body.
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am with you exactly. I have been so good: running while playing with the kids, doing exercises like a light walk before breakfast, counting my calories, weighing in,consistently, and for a couple months I was losing weight and really excited. Then for a whole month I stopped losing weight, started gaining a little. AND No soda, alcohol, or sweets, no eating out, drinking loads of water, getting my eight hours in every night... GRRRR. So, I figured it was a plateau. My body is used to this new stuff. I took my measurements.. I lost an inch on my waistline! Pants felt like they fit the same, but I stopped being depressed and got thoroughly ticked off. My body is not going to be the boss of me; I am in charge here! Long story short, I kicked my exercise up a notch for one workout. All that anger came out as sweat and I started losing weight again the next day with my normal routine.

Here is the kicker: My body resists change. It is comfortable with itself even though I am not.

You can do this! Don't get depressed and let your body push you around. You are in charge.
  • meredith707
    Options
    I exercise when I am hungry, and it usually helps alot. If you make this a way of life and not a short term goal, you will be relieved of the stress of needing results all the time. This program works and your body will adjust to the diet change. Also try to determine if you are hungry because your body needs food, or because there is something going on in your life that is causing you to stress out and want a reward/pick me up. If it is stress related, find a way to resolve that issue! :) Measurements are def. a good suggestion. Watch your sodium intake, it can cause you to hold water. AND... you mentioned you recently married so I will mention the obvious... your body may gain weight if you are eating for two ;) Anyways- good luck and hang with it/ keep asking for encouragement when you need it.

Congrats on the marriage BTW

Thank you! And NOOOOO I am def not eating for two...not anytime soon at least. I'm only 24! I have a lifetime to experience before children!! I'm gonna go buy a measuring tape...probably NOT going to like that....

For everyone else I have tried wearing my pedometer to try and make myself walk more...and my boss at work and I go on daily walks around our building to get fresh air...I've actually started a small "eat healthier at work cause everyone wants to lose weight" club...i'll come up with a shorter title another day LOL
  • MedSchool4Me
    Options
    Do you log everything you eat? If so, please please please try and eat more. 600-800 calories per day is simply not enough for your body to even carry out its basic functions. Food is fuel!
  • meredith707
    Options
    Do you log everything you eat? If so, please please please try and eat more. 600-800 calories per day is simply not enough for your body to even carry out its basic functions. Food is fuel!

yes i log basically everything i do...i leave out maybe olive oil that i cook with but that's about it.
  • urfitnesspal2
    Options
    Also- it appears you could greatly benefit from throwing lots of veggies and a few fruits into your diet. They are filling AND very low in calories... I see you are eating yogurt- that is good, I would suggest considering a Greek yogurt like Dannon Oikos Fruit on the bottom (not honey flavored though). I actually prefer the flavor of it over the normal yogurts and it is nutritionally superior. Make sure and eat all the calories you are alotted AND eat back the calories you get from exercise. If you are confused about what I mean by that , or why you should do that, ask- it is important in this program.
  • meredith707
    Options
    Also- it appears you could greatly benefit from throwing lots of veggies and a few fruits into your diet. They are filling AND very low in calories... I see you are eating yogurt- that is good, I would suggest considering a Greek yogurt like Dannon Oikos Fruit on the bottom (not honey flavored though). I actually prefer the flavor of it over the normal yogurts and it is nutritionally superior. Make sure and eat all the calories you are alotted AND eat back the calories you get from exercise. If you are confused about what I mean by that , or why you should do that, ask- it is important in this program.

So with working out AND eating I need to have 1200 total...so I should really consume 300 calories MORE if I am working out and burning 300 calories OFF?

I have tried Greek yogurt - i actually HATE it. Tastes grainey and gross to me...BBBBLECH...

I try and eat more veggies I just get bored...I need a personal chef to make me breakfast...having the same thing every morning makes me so bored I just have no idea what else to make!
  • urfitnesspal2
    Options
    Yes- you need to eat back calories you burn in exercise or your body could go into starvation mode. You are right on the edge w/ a 1200 cal allowance.

I thought the same thing about greek yogurt, but I LOVE the Dannon Oikos...

You crave the things you eat.... so try to keep mixing it up w/ diff. veggies and you will get to where they are what you want... just keep trying different ones.

good luck w. chef:)