NSV (in this case: Non-Smoking Victory!)

Options
My much older coworker came in from having a cigarette coughing, hacking, and gargling flem. Granted, I have not smoked nearly as long as she has, but she gave me a glimpse into the future as to where I would be if I didn't quit. I may only be on my seventh day smoke-free, but it's a start! Just trying to focus on the little things to keep me going!

(but man, could I go for a cigarette...)

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm really proud of you, Steph! You can do this!
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    Kudos for taking the first steps towards quitting smoking! I only wish my dad would do the same...
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You rock hun! Proud of you! Keep it up! ♥
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! ♥
  • claw0416
    claw0416 Posts: 95
    Options
    Congrats, and good luck! That is my next goal..after I lose offically 15 more pounds I am tackling another challenge onto my lifestyle change..Which is to quit smoking.
  • classycouture
    Options
    Congrats, and good luck! That is my next goal..after I lose offically 15 more pounds I am tackling another challenge onto my lifestyle change..Which is to quit smoking.

That's great to hear!! Best of luck to you as well! It'll be worth it in the long run! (at least that's what I keep telling myself!)
  • jmac263
    jmac263 Posts: 87
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you right now. Going on second week, I have found my work outs to be easier.. I sleep better and i am full of energy! Trust me its worth it and every craving you have wont last more than 3 mins!!! Congrats and keep it up!!
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been smoke free for 69 days now, I used an app called QuitNow! The reason it worked for me is that you can make it a widget on your front screen of your smart phone and it shows you exactly how long you have been cig free, how many cigerrettes you haven't smoked, and how much money you have saved from quitting. I started to get excited about how much money i was saving and from there it got easier and easier. Good job!!!
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Serious well done! I want to quit (mainly because of how much it costs!) but finding it hard (to be honest I haven't even tried haha). Keep it up (:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    This site has helped me change my mind on smoking so much.
    I smoked 5-10 a day and never EVER planned on quitting.
    But from reading all these amazing threads about people quitting has changed my mind to that in the near future I want to and I have lowered to 3-5 a day now. Even my b/f noticed on the weekend that I smoke less. Little pat on the back!

Congrats OP hopefully someday I will be in your shoes of not smoking/quitting.
    Keep at it! :flowerforyou:
  • classycouture
    Options
    I have been smoke free for 69 days now, I used an app called QuitNow! The reason it worked for me is that you can make it a widget on your front screen of your smart phone and it shows you exactly how long you have been cig free, how many cigerrettes you haven't smoked, and how much money you have saved from quitting. I started to get excited about how much money i was saving and from there it got easier and easier. Good job!!!

I am downloading that app RIGHT now!! You are an inspiration!

Thank you, ladies! I hope in the future I'll be reading your threads about your xxx amount of days smoke free! :flowerforyou: