Tomato sandwiches (118 Calories)

Options
m16shane
m16shane Posts: 393 Member
Tomato sandwiches are yummy! This has been my typical lunch for the last month (tomato season)

Nature's own 40 calorie bread (toasted)
Miracle Whip lite or kraft fat free mayo
1/2 tomato
black pepper

Calories118, Fat 2, Sodium 295, Fiber 7, Carbs 26

Just thought I would share! Do you have any healthy lunch choices?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I think you forgot the bacon and lettuce
  • m16shane
    Options

touche
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yum! sounds delicious I think I will have this for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the post.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    kidding aside, i'd re-evaluate your protein intake.
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've just started eating tomato sandwiches ~ I add shredded lettuce and leave off the black pepper. Yummmm ... had two for dinner last night using Sara Lee 45 Calorie bread.
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options

LOL too funny!

I had to teach myself to like tomatoes over the years and now I mostly love them (not a huge cherry tomato fan). I remember my mom used to eat cottage cheese over a couple slices of tomato w/ salt & pepper and lately I have been craving that big time! Must pick up some tomatoes!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

AND calorie intake.

seriously, the last few days (all I looked at) have been UNDER 1000 calories net.

EAT! YOU ARE STARVING!!!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

This,

and I would also re-evaluate the amount of calories you are getting. As a man you should not net under 1500 calories (1500 cals plus eat back 100% of the cals you burn. Some days you are well under 1000 net calories, this will lead to a loss of a large % of lean muscle, not just the fat you are looking at losing.
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Just thought I would share! Do you have any healthy lunch choices?

I love tomato with LOTS of pepper! My favorite lunch (this week) is 1.5cups raw veggies, and homemade hummus as a dip.... mmm
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    No protein, no care
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The addition of roast beef, sub the miracle whip/mayo for some dijon mustard (Jack Daniels mustard is awesome), and some sharp smoked cheddar cheese and you have a top-o'-the-line nom on your hands.
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'd add some protein to that sandwich!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    yummy, I just had one last weekend (tomato fresh out of garden) and it was delish!!!! Thanks for reminding me think I will have one tomorrow for lunch.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

AND calorie intake.

seriously, the last few days (all I looked at) have been UNDER 1000 calories net.

For real.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options

There will now be a BLT in my near future.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    YUCK!!
    but I hate tomatoes...so yeah, you all enjoy that! :P
    and I agree....you need some sort of protein. Add some mozzarella and some fresh basil or something...
  • m16shane
    Options

AND calorie intake.

For real.

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually do eat. I usually eat most of my calories to get close to my goal. I don't always track everything. After about 5-6 o'clock I usually don't come back on here to add anything extra. I just use this as a base for my day. Its been working. I've lost 103lbs since 2008 and I can promise you I'm starving myself.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad stuffed tomatoes are delish!
  • m16shane
    Options

This,

and I would also re-evaluate the amount of calories you are getting. As a man you should not net under 1500 calories (1500 cals plus eat back 100% of the cals you burn. Some days you are well under 1000 net calories, this will lead to a loss of a large % of lean muscle, not just the fat you are looking at losing.

1410 is what MFP recommended for me to lose an average of 2lbs a week. Its worked. I've lost 56lbs since January. I don't pretend to know what's best but I just go with what they set up for me and usually eat 1/3 to 1/2 of my burnt calories back. I just don't always log everything to a T though.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    A FAV OF MINE...just plain tomatoes and a tad of mayo now..