Suggestions for additional foods

Hi all. I'm new to this site and it definitely has a lot of great content on it.

I'm currently 181 lbs, 5'10, 26 year old male.
Earlier this year, I peaked at about 205lbs. Started doing insanity, got down to about 186 in the first 4 weeks. Dislocated my shoulder April 1 and was out of commission until early to mid June. Transitioned slowly in to weight lifting, cardio, etc. Now I'm feeling at 100% and working out hard. My ideal weight is 165, but I'm at least trying to get to 170 by end of August.

I logged my food consumption and exercise for the day - and I have the following "left over"

Remaining 518 99 7 -12
Calories Carbs Fat Protein

(this includes all of my meals for today - current and future). I definitely don't want to deprive myself of anything, but I can't think of some good foods I can eat for the remainder of the day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    low fat or fat free greek yogurt is my go-to for getting in some extra protein! Other options are healthy nuts (dry roasted almonds are sooo good), avocado (squeeze a little lime on it and sprinkle a little salt, maybe some cumin... mmm) or low fat cheese. Enjoy it!
  • skudera27
    skudera27 Posts: 54
    low fat or fat free greek yogurt is my go-to for getting in some extra protein! Other options are healthy nuts (dry roasted almonds are sooo good), avocado (squeeze a little lime on it and sprinkle a little salt, maybe some cumin... mmm) or low fat cheese. Enjoy it!

I love my greek yogurt (just finished one) - but I'm "maxed out" for protein according to the chart. It's recommending 500 calories, 100g carbs, 7g fat
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    If you're lifting, it's not bad to go over on protein. Most advice for people lifting weights is to get at least 1g of protein per day per pound of lean mass. However, if you really feel you need the carbs, try some brown rice with garlic or some fruit
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    I have 150 extra and I'm going to eat strawberries and a cheese stick for filling in
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    What is your protien goal set at? You should have 1 gram of protien for each pound of lean body mass. Meaning you should be having about 165 grams of protien.
  • skudera27
    skudera27 Posts: 54
    What is your protien goal set at? You should have 1 gram of protien for each pound of lean body mass. Meaning you should be having about 165 grams of protien.

My goal is only set to 62g of protein. I'm at 74g right now. Not sure how to adjust it (since I'm new to the site)
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    under the My Home Tab there should be a goals link. You simply need to change your goals and make them custom. From there you can play with the percentages to see what work for you. Im currently at 35% protien 35% carbs and 30% fat. but you can go from there. Im sure some people on here will tell you different percentages, however it is important if you are weight training to get that 1 gram of protien per lb of LBM.