Homemade Sweet Potato Chips!

Options
StephStepByStep
StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
Hey everyone!
I was searching around for healthy snack ideas on youtube and I found a way to make sweet potato chips in the microwave! I tried it out and it was very fast, easy, & yummy!

Here is the video I watched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzt8IiBHn5g
(I did NOT peel my sweet potato)

Here is a picture of my outcome!

1z52nn7.jpg

I had to vary my microwaving time to 4mins 30 secs because I made thicker chips. (Some chips did burn so you have to check them periodically)
I made it with a white sweet potato and will try with a red one soon. Made a decent amount and I bought 2 sweet potatos for $1.17. I sprinkled mine with paprika! All you need is a microwave & sweet potato and you have some good tasting healthy chips!
Not sure if you guys have heard of this before, but I LOVE IT!

(Sorry the picture is cut off, not really sure how to fix it)

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    These are great!! I used to make chips like the ones you posted with regular chips however I am in love with sweet potatoes recently.
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Same here! I also love sweet potato fries and I found a way on youtube to make them homemade in the oven! Can't wait to try that too :)
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Thanks much...I was searching for a chip alternative and I do bake sweet potatoes now. This is a great idea. I do have recipes for various dips using non-fat plain yogurt as well.

I'm a recovering chip addict in Chipaholics Anonymous...we are all a bunch of "dips".
  • lovep90x
    lovep90x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been searching for easy sweet potato recipes and this seems perfect. I'm sick of a microwaved sweet potato with sour cream. Thanks for posting!
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bake them. It's better than microwaving them.
  • julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    :wink:
  • pfwright1
    pfwright1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Bump, sounds good
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump