Chocolate Lover's! I need help!

Options
So I am a huge chocolate peanut butter fan and love reeses peanut butter cups, which does not fit into my diet plan, sadly. I eat jello sugar free 60cal packs, but was wonderful if anyone has other chocolate ideas that are yummy. I'm not a fan of bars so those chocolate peanut butter low fat good not bad for you bars are not something i will eat.

Thanks!

Replies

• musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    So I am a huge chocolate peanut butter fan and love reeses peanut butter cups, which does not fit into my diet plan, sadly. I eat jello sugar free 60cal packs, but was wonderful if anyone has other chocolate ideas that are yummy. I'm not a fan of bars so those chocolate peanut butter low fat good not bad for you bars are not something i will eat.

Thanks!

I think I'm about to make your day Meganwelu. Purchase chocolate protein powder or you can use the pudding. I use Jello reduced calorie, 0grams fat, 0grams sugar instant pudding..Mix a bowl of pudding til it is thick and creamy. Then add a serving of natural peanut butter in it and mix it up until it is perfectly mixed up. I like to crush up some Almonds and sprinkle them in. I also like to freeze it and eat it like ice cream. It is called (Sludge)..I call it a bodybuilders/dieters best friend. I am ultra addicted to the stuff! I eat it every day several times a day.. Once you try it, you are going to become a sludgeaholic also. :D
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    that sludge sounds pretty tasty. I am a chocoholic too and I find that if I indulge in a piece of dark chocolate (30cals) every day I don't feel deprived. You could probably make a peanut butter sandwich with two pieces and some PB--:bigsmile: Honestly though I think that moderation is the most important and if reeses are what you love try giving yourself enough cals to have just one everyday (snack size of course) We sure love them around here to and I tend to eat too many when they are in the house, but it may be something to try. I don't believe in deprivation--everytime I allow myself to get hungry or tell myself something is off limits I end up binging...anyway--that sludge is something i think I may try for a treat sometime.:wink:
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help much...I just ate a reese's peanut butter cup miniature! :laugh: I am, unfortunately, also a big chocolate fan, and someone brought me a big jar full of miniature everything yesterday :grumble: . It's sitting on my desk staring me in the face, and I think I've done quite well today since that is the first time I've grabbed something out of it!! I'm just considering it a test of willpower, and I don't think one little reese's cup in gonna kill me...Jillian and I will just have to shred extra hard tonite! :happy:
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Sorry I can't help much...I just ate a reese's peanut butter cup miniature! :laugh: I am, unfortunately, also a big chocolate fan, and someone brought me a big jar full of miniature everything yesterday :grumble: . It's sitting on my desk staring me in the face, and I think I've done quite well today since that is the first time I've grabbed something out of it!! I'm just considering it a test of willpower, and I don't think one little reese's cup in gonna kill me...Jillian and I will just have to shred extra hard tonite! :happy:

Ugh! Due to the holidays, here in my work place as well they are bringing in lots of PB cups and cookies and the Hershey miniatures. I'm a HUGE choco-holic myself and it's not helping me.

I try to keep the Jello sugar free calorie cups with me, but there are days I just need something else . . . .

Chocolate Milk
    Yoplait chocolate yogurt (not bad)
    South Beach smore (?) bars
    Low calorie or sugar free hot chocolate.
    I have, also, done the protein powder.
    100 Calorie snack packs of chocolate pretzels (mmmm!!)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I"m also a huge chocolate fan and I really had a candy addiction-like problem. I quit eating it -- pretty much cold turkey - for 3 months. It was pretty hard, but I'm much better now. :laugh: To get me through it, I made some diet soda cupcakes with a box of devils food cake mix and a diet cheerwine. And I mixed sugar free cream cheese pudding with some sugar free cool whip for frosing. I froze them individually & kept them in my freezer in a bag. If I was craving something sweet, I'd take one out, pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds and eat it (about 100 calories each). I also kept a bar of 70% dark chocolate and would have a very tiny piece very occasionally (once a week, maybe). I don't think deprivation is a good idea, but with candy, it wasn't something I could have in moderation until I broke the cycle of the addiciton (seriously, quitting candy was harder than quitting cigarettes for me).

Now, I could possibly have a bag of candy in my house and only eat a piece at a time, but really candy's just not worth it to me anymore. I'd rather have a cookie or a small piece of cake now, so that's what I normally turn to when my sweet tooth is getting the best of me.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Here ya go...Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter by Peanut Butter & Co. It's all natural, and it is heavenly. 90 calories a tablespoon, but it is so rich that I can live with just that bite. It is soooo good!! Not really low cal (hehe) but I thought I would let you in on this little gem...
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Buy the mini cups, nicely wrapped for Christmas and eat one every once in a while- you will not be depriving yourself and one is not too bad for you- l think about 45 calories- worth every one!
  • MaryFrances65
    MaryFrances65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I LOVE nuts and chocolate, try Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds Dark Chocolate Flavor 100 Calorie Packs. Yum!
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate and peanut butter too!! Especially peanut butter cookies with hershey kisses on top. YUM!! I think I will try the "sludge" mix....it sounds yummy!!
  • christieb143102
    christieb143102 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Thanks!

I think I'm about to make your day Meganwelu. Purchase chocolate protein powder or you can use the pudding. I use Jello reduced calorie, 0grams fat, 0grams sugar instant pudding..Mix a bowl of pudding til it is thick and creamy. Then add a serving of natural peanut butter in it and mix it up until it is perfectly mixed up. I like to crush up some Almonds and sprinkle them in. I also like to freeze it and eat it like ice cream. It is called (Sludge)..I call it a bodybuilders/dieters best friend. I am ultra addicted to the stuff! I eat it every day several times a day.. Once you try it, you are going to become a sludgeaholic also. :D

OMG my mouth is watering!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Nestle's chocolate chips makes Peanut Butter Chips too! Mix the peanut butter ones and chocolate ones and there you go! Lot less calories than the real thing but still so tasty!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Thanks!

That sounds AWESOME! I'm making that today. I think the kids would like the frozen version too! Thanks for idea!
  • vhardwick
    Options
    Have you tried the Reeses 100 calorie wafers? They are really yummy and just the right size.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge peanut butter cup fan! One of my regular afternoon snacks is dark chocolate and peanut butter.

I bought a box of Ghirardelli "Intense Dark" 86% Cacao bars, and I pick up the .75 oz. peanut butter packs from our cafeteria (71.25 calories). I use one square of the chocolate (62.5 calories), break it in half and scoop out the peanut butter, and then repeat!

The total calories is 133.75, most of it is from the fat but there's sugar in the peanut butter. I find that the ratio of fat, protein and sugar provides me with a very nice pick-me-up and keeps me satisfied for hours!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Here ya go...Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter by Peanut Butter & Co. It's all natural, and it is heavenly. 90 calories a tablespoon, but it is so rich that I can live with just that bite. It is soooo good!! Not really low cal (hehe) but I thought I would let you in on this little gem...

I second this....they also have a white chocolate that is very tasty as well. I'm drooling.
  • I LOVE nuts
    lol
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Thanks!

You are my most favorite person today! I will be trying that.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate and peanut butter, but there is something about dark chocolate that I find very satisfying.

A couple of months ago, I discovered something wonderfully YUMMY at my Costco store. Brookside Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranate. They are pieces (a little bigger than a Reese's piece) of pomegranate, covered in dark chocolate. Twenty of them has 180 calories, but they are so rich and satisfying, I can be happy with just 5 of them, which is only 45 calories. A 2 lb. bag is just under $10.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    this makes a big batch - but here ya go - buy one regular size bag of Peanut butter M&Ms - and dump it into a batch of airpopped popcorn- sometimes I even dump in one of those 100 Calorie Chocolate Chex mix packs too- then it's a crunchy snack, with some yumminess, and you can just portion out a few sandwich bags of it. So good!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    i am also a choc peanut butter addict and this stuff is AMAZING omg seriously u have to get it, eat it on apples, bananas, or strawberries!