Setting Goals in MFP

Options
Short version: Got my BMR tested (breath test) and determined it's 3200/cal a day w/o exercise, motion, etc. That's 22,400 cal a week for maintenance. I'm looking at creating a calorie deficit of 3 lbs a week, so 10,500 calories less. That's a target of 11,900 calories - 1,700/day (plus exercise, so in reality about 2,000 calories/day).

BUT, I use a modified weekly cheat day. I under-eat during the week (fewer than 1700) and tally those to a weekend day where I can eat more. This typically works out to 1,150/day + exercise (so around 1,450/day) Sunday-Friday, then a whopping 5,000 calorie allowance on Saturday. On a weekly basis I'm still at 11,900 calories, which is 3 lbs below my current BMR (realizing that as I lose weight, my BMR will decrease).

I've seen success with this method - I'm down 60 lbs since October (and 16 in the month of May alone!) - but it's a pain to track in MFP because I use the weekly chart a lot to track progress, so I have to set my goals to 1700 cal/day so that the weekly numbers work out, but know in my head I'm actually targeting 1150 + exercise.

Has anyone figured out a way to create different daily goals? I'd love an option to set my calorie goal based on day of the week.

Thoughts?

Replies

• fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    well you could up your goal, then create a 'cheat meal' which is added every day apart from real one.

You'd still show over on cheat night but solves daily calcs.
  • mreed911
    mreed911 Posts: 25
    Options
    Yeah, or I could just set it low and accept "over" as long as it wasn't more than 5000 over. I'm more likely to be successful if I set it low than if I set it high and try to remember to subtract... even with a "dummy" meal.

The benefit, though, to setting it high is that my weekly numbers work out to zero over... including my target of 10,500 under.