Is there anyone just now starting Couch to 5k?

Options

Replies

• Bariraer72
    Options
    DOn't be scared! I just did Week 2 day 2 today. You can download the app on your iphone and create your own playlists. Its great. I have an accountability buddy and we run it together on Sunday mornings. Just take it one step at a time.
  • mrshewitson
    Options
    At the start of the year I couldn't run for longer than a minute but C25K is such a great programme to follow. I have now completed a 5k and lost 16lb which I put down to the running! Give it a go, you'll surprise yourself by what your body is capable of!
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    Did W1R2 today even though its scorching, papers are all 'UK hotter than Sahara' etc - its unheard of for us, we're used to drizzle and grey skies! Anyway did it :)

The app 'get running' is fab!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    OK, just gotta say I love you all! Thanks for the comments and support, you are all superstars in my book! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsjaybird
    mrsjaybird Posts: 14
    Options
    I will do it with you!!! I really need motivation to stick with it...I've started it and never made it past week 3. i HATE running but desperately want to be a runner. lol. i keep telling myself that if i can make it through this couch to 5k, i might end up experiencing this "runner's high" i hear about. :smile:
  • mrsjaybird
    Options
    -
  • mrsjaybird
    Options
    I am determined to start this today... I'm very nervous!! I am not a runner, and usually end up having some sort of asthma fit after 4 blocks, but usually I try and run a mile right off the bat. So i'm going to try and start slow... :smile:

Wish me luck, and good luck to anyone else out there doing it!!

If anyone has any tips or anything, please let me know!

try to strike with the middle of your foot, and focus on keeping your posture upright, taking long deep breaths. it's not good form to run all slanty (leaning forward...like i tend to do when i'm tired aka after about 3 seconds). good running form doesn't come naturally either...you have to think about it every step you take. stretch well before and after and invest in some good running shoes!! good luck.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I started it a few weeks back... Got busy with work and a new baby in the family so I slacked a bit.

However, I am restarting tomorrow evening! It's hot where I am so I have to go run at night or later in the evening so I'm not dying from the heat... and I run at the highschool track so I wait until the afterschool activities are done.

I've got my iPod armband, heart rate monitor and new running shoes so I'm just dying to go!!! Add me and we can do it together!
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    I've done it before but haven't run for over a year, so I'm starting again this week! Add me if you like :)
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a repeat of week 4 before I do week 5. So far I really like the program. And that's from someone who has never liked running.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you. I've had the app on my phone for about a year but never even tried it. Never ever ever thought I'd try running but as someone else said I want to see if I get the "runners high" that people talk about. Not sure when I'll start-I'm getting a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow & not sure running would feel too good!
  • brneydgrlie
    Options
    I started it a few weeks back... Got busy with work and a new baby in the family so I slacked a bit.

However, I am restarting tomorrow evening! It's hot where I am so I have to go run at night or later in the evening so I'm not dying from the heat... and I run at the highschool track so I wait until the afterschool activities are done.

I've got my iPod armband, heart rate monitor and new running shoes so I'm just dying to go!!! Add me and we can do it together!

Can I just tell you I *LOVE* your profile pic!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'll do this! Please everyone add me.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm toying with the idea of starting...
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wanna start, and I have the app on my phone, but im scared of people judging me at the gym on the trademill..

:( I've never had the best self confidence or esteem.
  • karigrae
    karigrae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will start wednesday with you! Feel free to add me. I just signed up.
  • Lavern77
    Lavern77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started week1, day 1 on Monday. You can add me as a friend if you want. I will be doing it on Mon, Wed, Fri.
  • brneydgrlie
    Options
    I wanna start, and I have the app on my phone, but im scared of people judging me at the gym on the trademill..

:( I've never had the best self confidence or esteem.

Believe me, I have the same issue. Plus, I am clumsy. So, at least to start out with, I am going to run at the huge mega-church down the street from my apartment complex. Alot of people in the neighborhood walk there in the early mornings, and the church does not mind. I usually walk there in the evenings. Their parking lot is humongous, and smoothly paved. It is also empty for large parts of most days. I figure I have less of a chance of hurting myself and/or encountering gawkers there.
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I will do it with ya =) I am on my week 1 day three tomorrow! gonna send ya a friend request
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started it Sunday night, did week one, day two tonight (sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays are my days) ihope I can get through this!