30 Day Shred tomorrow 7/23/12

Options

Replies

• fat214
    fat214 Posts: 109
    Options
    Day 2 down ! Hope I can still move tomorrow to do day 3.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I will be a day behind but I will give it a try tonight after work.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Going to commit to this....at least for the 30 days to see the results. I was sore this morning, but not unreasonably sore. I'm going to try a little harder this evening. I pictured myself as "that guy"....you know, the one in the back of the class barely moving as everyone else kicks it into high gear lol.

I measured myself this morning. Hope to see some differences lol.

THIS is me lmao!! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • biederwoman
    biederwoman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred today but I am so out of shape that I just couldn't keep up. I just had a baby six weeks ago (my fourth one) and I definitely need to get my butt in gear! My two year old was trying to hang on me and crying for my attention as soon as I tried to start it. I'll have to do it during nap time tomorrow. My five and six year old boys wanted to do it too and kept up better than me! I'm going to measure myself today and hope to see some results. I'm going to get my husband to join me so we can motivate each other. We did level 1 together before but I got pregnant and had to stop. I've been looking forward to being able to start this thing. Feel free to add me.
  • jayhomefitness
    jayhomefitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! Although I dont know what 30 day shred is...lol. Can someone point me in the right direction?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You can find the videos on Amazon or YouTube. :)
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    Just finished day 2 :)
    I think it was easier than day one but boy everything does burn lol ahh
  • lilbeansandwich
    lilbeansandwich Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did level one of Ripped in 30 yesterday and I'm not as sore today as I imagined! Only slightly :P About to head to the gym for a Zumba class and count that for my exercise for the day. I plan on going to a kickboxing class tomorrow, then going back to Jillian for the rest of the week.
  • emf051913
    emf051913 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 day 1. It wasn't too bad, but I did have to stop a few times. The butt killers were the worst for me. Tomorrow will be better!
  • donnahandan
    donnahandan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This is my second time trying it out. It is hard but I like that its broken up into circuts along with working two muscles at once. This time I'm gonna stick with the entire 30 days so I can see the results. I'm in with ya' as well.
  • scottydewwannalosewt
    scottydewwannalosewt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how glad I am to see another guy doing the 30 day workout. Beginning to think I was the only guy doing the workout. I think it's going to pay off some big dividends in the end.

Scott
  • anightinabox712
    Options
    Day 2 all done!!!

Do you think 359 calories is correct on how much you would lose?? Thats what this site says when i do circuit training for 27 minutes..but i real like its to much. I know everyones different with amounts they lose.
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Day 2 all done!!!

Do you think 359 calories is correct on how much you would lose?? Thats what this site says when i do circuit training for 27 minutes..but i real like its to much. I know everyones different with amounts they lose.

If I do an average of what people with an HRM wrote, I'd say it's about 190.
  • Kimlp85
    Kimlp85 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 done for me!!!
  • ffwife97
    ffwife97 Posts: 20
    Options
    GOOD INFO FOR THOSE DOING THE 30 DAY SHRED...

Hey everyone! Best of luck with The 30 Day Shred! It is so worth it! I am 1/2 through level 2 now. I have lost 5 pounds already! I do have a couple of suggestions to help avoid potential injury. This workout is pretty hard on the knees and lower legs so...

1) always wear a good pair of workout shoes.
    2) if you have a yoga mat use it to lessen the impact on the knees.

Many people have had knee issues or even shin splints from not wearing shoes. This really seemed to help me out so I hope it works for you too!!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 done! I was surprised to see that I burned the exact same amount of calories as I did yesterday according to my hrm. The exact same time didn't surprise me but the calorie burn did. I guess I was hoping that I would do more.

I think that it was slightly easier but I could be fooling myself lol.

I ran early this morning and did shred at night. Tomorrow is a non running day so I'm going to get up early and do it first thing. Let's see if I can handle Jillian at 5:30 am lol.
  • anile2012
    anile2012 Posts: 10
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 done! :)

I think the squat and press in the beginning is the hardest move! I feel like I have no muscles in my arms :D First I used 2kg (4.4lbs) weights, but had to change to 0.5kg (1lbs) I might have to go and buy 1kg (abour 2lbs) weights since those are the only two I got and 1lbs seems to be too light..

How heavy weights you guys use?
  • silstagno
    silstagno Posts: 2
    Options
    i'm on level 3 of 30 day shred! its amazing
  • smmrmllr
    smmrmllr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    level one, day one- success :)