Over 300 and ready for the journey ahead!

Hello,

Just trying to get serious (again) and saw the great community out there. I have 140 lbs to lose which is more than a lot of people weigh. It can be very overwhelming but I am really hoping that I don't have to end up getting the stomach surgery. On Day 3 and only 362 more to go :0)!! Anyone else out t here want to be friends please add me! Good luck and hope to meet some people soon!

Kristina

Replies

• Nidsca
    Nidsca Posts: 1
    Yay for us for making this decision...again! If we don't keep trying, how can it ever work right? I have a long way to go too and I just lost 12lbs in 2 weeks of starting MFP! I am so glad that I am finally aware of what I am eating and making good choices (or not). Cause that's what I like about MFP, I drop calories in butters and whole mayo's etc and at the end of some days I can have an ice cream...so I don't feel deprived. This is a life long journey, so we might as well enjoy it right! Also, for exercise, I only go at work for now, on my coffee breaks. 3 x15 minute walks, and I get more calories (360 cal) to eat for supper. I can't wait to get a treadmill :) I am so happy and hope you find your happiness with MFP too. Good Luck!
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Welcome! If you are ever in need of motivation the Success Stories are really helpful! Lots of people big and small using MFP. Best of luck to you!
  • Hi I am just getting serious again as well. I pray God's best for you in this journey. I believe we can both be successful this time.
  • I'm right there with you. I have a lot of weight I need to lose! Feel free to add me! :)
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    add me if you'd like
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    I've lost a lot since March, ( 81 lbs.)just logging everything, EVERYTHING, and started out just walking, now at the gym doing anything I want. I still got some to go but I'll get there, logging and moving....Good luck....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! If I can anyone can!..Barbara