30 Day Shred

Options
People - I just bought this - It was on special offer of €10 with free delivery..

How badly am I gonna ache from it?! How bad is my *kitten* gonna be kicked from this?

What have your experiences been with this workout?

BE HONEST :laugh:

Replies

• newmommy2cash
    Options
    People - I just bought this - It was on special offer of €10 with free delivery..

How badly am I gonna ache from it?! How bad is my *kitten* gonna be kicked from this?

I am doing the 30 day shred as well and it kicks my butt!
    Then again, I wasn't very active before I started it.
    I love this work out! I've already lost weight and see my body toning up since starting the shred.
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    I just got a copy, too. We'll see how it goes! Looks hard!
  • machuril
    machuril Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Where did you order from that offered free shipping?? I would like to purchase as well, I've heard great things.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    After the first day I did it I was only a little sore, the day after the 2nd workout I could barely move. Muscles on all sides of my legs, all sides of my arms, shoulders, etc were killing me! but its a good kind of pain. :)
  • macobb21
    macobb21 Posts: 119
    Options
    How do you add the 30 day shred as one of your workouts? I have it and I love it.
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    I just purchased my first 30 Day Shred DVD off of half.com for just over $9 total including shipping! Can't wait for it to come :)

All you need are weights right?

And I don't have a heart monitor, so how should I record the calories burnt?
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    How do you add the 30 day shred as one of your workouts? I have it and I love it.

circuit training
  • saraketner
    Options
    I have been doing the shred for a couple of weeks, I am now on the second level. I love it! It is quick and intense. My only problem is that I have chronic neck and shoulder pain, and a large percentage of the workout involves the shoulders. I am getting results and have noticed a definite increase in my endurance.
    I log it under circuit training.
    Good luck!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I just bought a copy at Sam's Club for $8.88. I haven't tried it yet. I like that the workouts only take 20 minutes each. We'll see how it goes.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Where did you order from that offered free shipping?? I would like to purchase as well, I've heard great things.

its an Irish website - http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/30-DAY-SHRED/dp/1327931#bc=dc72
  • deedun
    Options
    After the first day I did it I was only a little sore, the day after the 2nd workout I could barely move. Muscles on all sides of my legs, all sides of my arms, shoulders, etc were killing me! but its a good kind of pain. :)

I am dreading the first day - muscle pain is a killer for me :laugh: :laugh: but it has to be done :sad:
  • deedun
    Options

I am doing the 30 day shred as well and it kicks my butt!
    Then again, I wasn't very active before I started it.
    I love this work out! I've already lost weight and see my body toning up since starting the shred.

How long have you been doing it for??
  • LeanLisa4U
    LeanLisa4U Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am now on level 2, day 4. The shoulder exercises kill me, because like Sara, my neck and shoulders are constantly hurting (tension and a neck injury). But I will just put down the weights when I can't do any more then continue through the motion via isometric(?) moves (pretending I have weights and tensing the move).

Sweat like made and am breathing heavy and I have been working out for years.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I did the first day of level 1 yesterday and I am terribly sore today. I have been exercising steady for at least 3 months and am doing the Couch to 5K program as well and this is the sorest my legs have been. I am going to keep at it. There is bound to be significant change in the long run. Good luck to everybody doing the program.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did it for the first time today..saw it at Target for 10 bucks and thought why not? I just finished five minutes ago and was logging on to yell at everybody on this site for not warning me! :laugh: I. Am. Beat. Assuming I can get out of bed tomorrow morning, I'll be back...based on the burn I was feeling, this is going to be an effective workout. I admit, I had to stop a couple of times...the jumping jacks and jump rope moves were really hard for me. I don't like leaving the ground...and neither do the "girls!" :tongue:

Overall, I would say definitely worth the ten bucks. That was the hardest twenty minutes of my life, but it did go by really fast.
  • deedun
    Options
    :noway: Getting a bit nervous now!

I love the pain the next day - but not when its too intense that you cant even sit down or get up without being in agony! :embarassed:

I am still waiting for delivery but I WILL start it once it gets here... :noway:
  • angelnik03
    Options
    I just finished last Friday (whoooo! go me!!) and it's a great workout. The pain lasted me for only a day or two, then it was a steady increase in muscle tone & endurance. It kicks your butt everyday - but just when you're thinking about throwing something at the screen, you realize you're (usually) pretty close to being done. Good luck new shredders!
  • tracylea_2003
    Options
    I started on the the 30 day on the the 14th. I didn't know if I was going to make it through day one, but now that I'm on day 7 (because I rest on Sunday) I can tell I have much better endurance! I can even tell that my biceps are getting bigger also! I'm so excited to do this workout!
  • saraketner
    Options
    I have decided to really bust my but this week and next week, (I'm on Christmas break) and shred 2 times a day. I did the first level this afternoon when the kids were napping and am about to do the second level in a couple minutes. May God have mercy on my soul!!:laugh:
    We'll see how I feel in the morning!!
  • tracylea_2003
    Options
    I have decided to really bust my but this week and next week, (I'm on Christmas break) and shred 2 times a day. I did the first level this afternoon when the kids were napping and am about to do the second level in a couple minutes. May God have mercy on my soul!!:laugh:
    We'll see how I feel in the morning!!

Good Luck!