Amazing BP transformation

Options
charris5313
charris5313 Posts: 22 Member
I saw my provider last at the beginning of my fitness journey and my blood pressure was high 130's over 80's. Not good for a 37 year old. Thirty two pounds later my blood pressure is 116/73 today!

Replies

• lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job :)
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Good for you. Hope to have the same kind of results when I go.
  • denny505
    denny505 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is so important! Good job.
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    It's amazing what losing 20 or 30 lbs does for your health!! Way to many people are just thrown a prescription for BP meds now adays. Be proud of what you're doing for your body...it is so worth it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • monkeyjmonkerson
    Options
    Phenomenal!

I'm on BP meds and I really want to stop taking them...I'm too young for this!

Any tips?
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Good job!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Keep the weight off and the BP should stay down! When I was 192lbs in 8th grade, my BP was 200/120...I thought my doc was gonna have a heart attack. Since I lost that weight a year later my BP is typically 115/70. GREAT job!
  • katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a wonderful improvement. :happy:
  • maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

Last month mine was 155/101 and totally freaked me out. I totally overhauled my eating and started moving even more and now it's in the 120's/mid 70's.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT! I can relate; I had the same issue. I was on BP meds for about 7 years and was finally taken off them a couple months ago. My pressure returned to "normal" and the meds were even lowering it to the point of my getting dizzy when standing up.

Congrats on this HUGE victory!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!