If I knew then what I know now, I would........

Options
EB4life
EB4life Posts: 39 Member
Fill in the blanks: If I knew then what I know now regarding weight loss, I......

Mine would read: If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have allowed my midsection to get so out of control in the last 3 yrs or for junk/processed food to pass my lips over the last 15 yrs...cz reversing the damage is trying hard work.

I am having one of those frustrating moments, stuck at a plateau :(

Replies

• wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    ...not have DQ blizzards daily when I was pregnant with my first. 1400 cals EACH, omg. No wonder I gained 60 lbs!
  • LinH412
    LinH412 Posts: 4
    Options
    ....not have stressed out so much about body image.
  • EB4life
    EB4life Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OMG 1400 casl each! That's crazy...I find that MFP helps me shed some light into what I am putting in my mouth and makes me think twice.

My first eye opening moment was when I was out dining the first time and I entered my food. My entire dinner was more than my daily caloric allowance!! Needless to say, I ate half of what I ordered and passed up on the drinks!

Another one I have would be, to eat more proteins and observe the ratio of 40/30/30 for carbs, proteins and fat respectively.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would have started SOONER. Just needed to get it through my head that I did not gain weight overnight, so I would not lose it overnight!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Never stopped lifting weights.
  • krystinaestabrooks
    Options
    when I was pregnant with my first, I was addicted to Hagen Daz
  • krystinaestabrooks
    Options
    writing down what I put in my mouth - being honest about the portion sizes that I was eating and pouring onto my butt
  • philipjm
    philipjm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would paid better attention to what went into my mouth. finding it hard to eat enough to make 1200 calories a day, before I would eat 1200 calories or more per meal. We shall PERSEVERE
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    .....n't trust anything that focusses on calories in/out over all else.

.....n't trust anything that involves a Food Pyramid or a MyPlate for nutritonal guidance.

.....n't get fat.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I would have started lifting weights sooner and eating more whole foods (less "diet food").
  • kattymatt
    kattymatt Posts: 20
    Options
    .....have never taken a desk job.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    would have never started drinking energy drinks and eating out all the time........
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Would have never took a sip of soda!!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I would have added strength training to my exercise regime when I was losing my weight in 1987 and I woulda started eating cleaner then! Oh wait, we had NONE of that info available to us in 1987 lol. But still...
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I would have started lifting weights sooner and eating more whole foods (less "diet food").

But you know it now! So many ppl miss the point but you got it girl! :)
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    Options
    I would eat breakfast every morning... even if it was a handfull of granola or nuts.

I'm pretty sure my downfall is never having eaten breakfast since I became a teenager.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I would have thought more about my future and how it would affect my health
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Started lifting weights 15 years ago.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    ...n't have given up that internship at Disney World.... bet I wouldn't have been stuck at a desk like I was in my early 20s
    ....have paid attention to how beautiful my body was before I got up to 320+ lbs. I think I used to have pretty legs.
    ....have kept my body moving everyday in some way. I used to walk so much... now, it's all car-car-car
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    ... would have been an Olympic Gold medalist.