Wii Fit, Fit Plus, etc for December

Options

Replies

• judithwelch
    judithwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes on the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Wii and 30 minutes of Free Step on Wii Fit Plus last night.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Judith- Cool. How do you like the Gold's Cadio for Wii? I saw it for sale in a store and wondered about it.

I did 15 minutes free fun and 20 minutes free step today. Trying to make up for Christmas cookies at work.

JAM
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I am just starting learning about the Wii. I have used it for 2 days. How do you get to the more intensive workouts?
    So far zapping snow ball throwers is not doing it for me..... And the boxing thing is really slow.
    I am sure I am missing something.... I need a tutorial or some help
  • judithwelch
    Options
    I really like the Gold's Gym Cardio workout. I am not in great shape so it really works me out. Once you complete the basics training it will open up the other levels of difficulty. I am able to do the beginner levels with about 98% or better accuracy. I have also started working on the intermediate level. Most of the workouts are about 10-15 long. Your instructor will also put together a prepared workout for based on the level of intensity that you want to workout. I usually do that. I don't have an HRM so I am not completely sure how many calories it burns. It does give you an approximate about of calories you will burn per workout.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Judith-I'll add it to my Christmas list. Thanks for the review.

Boston- The more you use it, the more stuff opens up. You just need to hang in there until you get everything unlocked. Or, at least unlock what you want to do.

JAM
  • Boston01810
    Options
    Thanks Jam0525
    I will keep at it and let you all know my progress.
  • judithwelch
    Options
    I did the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for 35 minutes last night.
  • jam0525
    Options
    My new evening routine has been 10 minutes free run followed by 20 - 30 minutes free step. It's not a lot more calories, but I feel better that I'm doing something a little higher calorie burn than just the step.:bigsmile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I admire those of you who do the free run. I don't have a lot of space in my living room, and the Wii doesn't seem to pick up my movement when I try to jog in place, so I just get frustrated with it and do some other routine.
  • judithwelch
    Options
    Should we post everyday what we have done or once a week? I did the Gold's Gym cardio again tonight for 30 minutes. Plus I walked for 30 minutes over my lunch break today.
  • judithwelch
    Options
    Does anyone use an HRM when they workout with the Wii? I just recently purchased one and the number of calories burned is completely different from what the Wii Fit Plus says you burned. It was the same for the Gold's Gym Cardio. Which do I trust?
  • jam0525
    Options
    Trish - Try holding the remote on your stomach for the free run. That's the only place it works for me. Then I switch sides 1/2way through.:
    Judith- I'd go by the HRM. It is probably a lot more accurate. As far as posting goes, it varies. I try to post often but with the holidays coming I haven't had the time.

No Wii for me today or tomorrow. Sunday is my swim day. Today was Christmas shopping.

Here's wishing you all good choices tomorrow! drinker: :drinker:

JAM
  • Boston01810
    Options
    Can any of you who are proficient with the Wii Fit Plus tell me:
    Which of the routines on the Wii Fit Plus burn the most calories?
    Also, what other Wii fit programs have you used the burn calories? Can someone recommend one or two?
    Thanks in advance.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Boston, Wii Biggest Loser is a good workout, and Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 is intense. On Wii Fit Plus, rhythm boxing, and super hula hoop burn the most calories over time. I can smoke through 250 calories just doing rhythm boxing on expert in 20 mins.
  • Boston01810
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I will check them out.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say hello to all and thank you for the inspiration for me to play my Wii Fit Plus for a serious workout. Today I played for 30 mins and feel great! I played my advance step, Hula Hoop plus and the number crunching. I think the calorie count is off a little bit, but I know that I did well from the amount of sweat after wards. I will make a daily attempt to play my Wii everyday during the holiday season.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Has anyone tried their HRM with their Wii Fit Plus? How big of a difference was the calorie burn between the two? I asked for a HRM for Christmas, so I just want to brace myself if there's a HUGE difference between the two. I'm betting the HRM is more accurate than what the Wii calculates, but just curious.
  • judithwelch
    Options
    Has anyone tried their HRM with their Wii Fit Plus? How big of a difference was the calorie burn between the two? I asked for a HRM for Christmas, so I just want to brace myself if there's a HUGE difference between the two. I'm betting the HRM is more accurate than what the Wii calculates, but just curious.

I just recently got an HRM and the # of calories the HRM said I burned doing the Wii Fit Plus was much more then what the Wii estimated.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Oh, well if the HRM says it's more, that makes me happy! I hope mine says that.
  • ACarp24
    Options
    I just re-registered for the Wii fit today. I've gained so much weight since I last used it that I didn't want to discourage myself....so today is a new day. I don't think the Wii fit can make you lose a bunch of weight unless you run, and run, and run...But I think its a good tool for keeping me motivated. It will be a good option also, for those days that I can't get to the gym.