Replies

• toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    exactly what is in them?
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like them...20 cals for 1/2 the bag..I use the whole bag when having a pasta dish. I make sure I rinse them before I boil them and boil them for at least the time said. I haven't found the ones for 0 cals yet hmm I wonder where I would find those in VIctoria. THe Shirataki noodles that I found I find by the tofu. I know there are some that are made from sweet potatoes. I will have to look some more
  • micheleaudet
    micheleaudet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These are great! RINSE - that is the key to using them - they are soy so they are fermented just like you would find something in brine. Once you rinse them they go a long way. I have found them in local grocery stores (some of the major chains have them in the whole foods section) Whole Foods and the asian markets. Nutritious and low cal! great with veggies, garlic, tomatoes, etc.
    ENJOY!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    dragonldy try a coffee filter if you don't have a small colander.
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you can get different shapes I use the fettuccini style ones. and if you don't like the tase make sure you really rinse them well
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes you have to rinse them off after you open the bag I rinse them off put them in a bowl of water and boil them for like 5 mins Then I drain them Put them in broth and cook in microwave so the noodles get infused with the broth drain them dry them off Eat them how ever you want to eat them Use them as reg.pasta You know some people after the day is over still have that little I want something to nibble on or I'm feeling a little hungry Some people just starting off on their weight loss finding it hard to adjust to eating less calories News 10 did a thing on them being good for Dibetics and I did see them on Dr. Oz as well
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've seen some very low cal noodles in my supermarket - I'm not sure if they are the same product but it's the same idea.
    I have a real problem with these kinds of foods, or more specifically, with the concept that you can "eat as much as you want with no worries" and ingest hardly any calories.
    It seems to me that this is only prolonging the problem of eating too much, which is what got us fat in the first place.

Personally I'm going to stick with real pasta - one cup has 200 calories and that's not hard to build into my calorie allowance for the day.

Are you referring to these? They are available at Coles and Woolworths in Australia.

image?51ad2fb87a061e71db699517778d187e

They are Shirataki Noodles, just as you find them in an Asian grocery. They've been around for hundreds of years and are a legitimate source of fibre.

They're not intended to replace pasta.

I use them when making Singapore Noodles and in Miso Soup. It's a genuine bonus to eat delicious meals that aren't loaded with fat, carbs and calories.

edited to fix pic
  • scorpio61
    Options
    No that's not the noodles.

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edit due to violations of guideline #14****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • scorpio61
    Options
    Sorry I don't know if this is the same I don't get mine form the Asian store I get them from my healthfood store and the ones I eat are plant base not from Tofu So I don't no what's in your purple bag And no one said that they haven't been around for a hundred years or that they are knew Get over it And just so you no if you really must I do eat pasta It's just not the main part of my meals 50% of my calories each day come from veggies This is the last post I will put on here I can not believe some people have to make a moutain out of a mole hill and pick things apart I got my fill for one night I asked a question Keep eating your pasta!
  • LemonSnap
    Options
    Eh? I wasn't talking to you.

Hmmm Now I'm curious about what was edited.
  • scorpio61
    Options
    Well this is the end of our conversation Unless you talk to me in email I got my hand slapped for putting a website on here of where to buy the noodles I guess it was a no no Sorry!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    They are sooooooo delicious!!!!!!!!! I make them with stir fry and pad thai. Yum. (Stir fry is my fave.)
  • LemonSnap
    Options
    They are sooooooo delicious!!!!!!!!! I make them with stir fry and pad thai. Yum. (Stir fry is my fave.)

Pad Thai, I'll keep that in mind.

I think you could use them in place of vermicelli for most dishes. I'm planning on trying them in Rice Paper Rolls
  • scorpio61
    Options
    I guess I'm going to get into trouble for Zuzanna Light as well:(
  • scorpio61
    Options
    I'm going to bed this gave me a headach!!! Sweet dreams to all you peepers