squash. yummy yummy squash.

Options
i have discovered the goodness that is simply a baked or roasted or whatever acorn and spaghetti squash.

i'm not sure how i didn't realize how these are so good with a little pat of butter, but it took me over 21 years to learn this. haha.

just thought i would share with the masses how delightfully delicious and fairly low-cal they are! :smile:

Replies

• bastgoddess7
    bastgoddess7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love squash too! I could eat it LITERALLY every day. Since I live in New England it is VERY abundant as well. I usually curry mine, or stew it. I really want to make a smooth creamy butternut squash soup, but I have not seen a low fat variety. (Without cream, or a cream substitute that is low fat). I think almond milk might work..IDK I have to look up recipes.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash!! I use it as spaghetti noodles and put marinara over it.. it's so delish and slashes calories!! mmmmm!
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    try drizzing maple syrup after roasting.. oh yummmmmmm.. I have two plants growing in my garden right now, I hope they give good fruit!

For the soup, I make a creamy carrot soup and I use red lentils in with it - the lentils get all mushy and when I blend it the result is a very creamy soup without any actual cream. Might work with squash too!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    try butternut baked with olive oil, thyme, panko, feta and onions, mind blowing
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I never use cream in my butternut squash soup, but everyone thinks I do! Its just the squash cooked in Chicken broth, blended until smooth with onions, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, paprika, brown sugar and some yogurt butter ( about a tablespoon). I get rave reviews and requests for it all year long!
  • emelecia
    emelecia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for the post!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I agree. I love squash, all kinds.

I believe that zucchini tastes like butter when roasted or grilled.