Banana Soft Serve

Options
auntchelle11
auntchelle11 Posts: 41 Member
This is the most delicious desert I have ever had without breaking my diet! For just a little over 100 calories (depending on the size of your banana) you get a bowl full of yummy wanna-be soft serve! Just take a banana, cut it into slices and freeze at least overnight. Pop the pieces in your food processor or blender, turn it on, and let it go for a few minutes scrapping the sides every now and then. In about 3-4 minutes you will have creamy, smooth, bananas that resemble soft serve ice cream...the only difference, this one is both healthier and better tasting than any other banana ice cream I have ever had!

Replies

• rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I have bananas in the freezer right now, I'm gonna try this. :flowerforyou:
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I take Organic Peanut Butter powder (2 TBLS = 45 calories) add warm water and make a sauce with it and pour over the banana soft serve.. or I take Hersheys cocoa powder (10 calories per tsp) and make a sauce and pour it over.. although it is unsweetened- there is enough sugars in the banana to make it sweet...
  • auntchelle11
    Options
    I haven't tried it with any sauces yet! I'm going to have to try the peanut butter sauce!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I mixed this with vanilla protein powder yesterday to eat after my workout - AMAZING!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Never tried this..Thanks! gonna try:-)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I love this! I do it all the time. If I need some extra calories, I add an frozen avocado, too.
  • amielizabeth1
    amielizabeth1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is MY FAVORITE dessert lately! I either add: 1 TBS of peanut butter, or a spoonful of cocoa powder. I also add a little sweetener (stevia). I'd rather have this than "real" ice cream anytime! Try it!
  • shendras
    shendras Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I tried this and it broke the blade on my Kitchenaid food processor. Those blades are expensive! I won't be trying that again :grumble:
  • bgmomof3boys
    Options
    bump
  • dasaucywench
    dasaucywench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Auntchelle, what kind of food processor do you have? I am in the market for one but want one that will make this yummy banana goodness!
  • auntchelle11
    Options
    Sounds good! Auntchelle, what kind of food processor do you have? I am in the market for one but want one that will make this yummy banana goodness!

I acutally use a Ninja blender/processor. I have yet to find something that piece can't beat!
  • pjhump
    pjhump Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can also add in some Splenda and non-fat dry milk and ice for a nice smoothie! Plus about a 1/2 cup of water to keep your blender from burning up! haha!
  • irishis98
    irishis98 Posts: 10
    Options
    I add a little unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk it makes it a little easier on our food processor blades and I add a touch of cinnamon. Got this recipe from Engine 2 Diet, lots of good stuff there.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    oOoh Bump!
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    sounds delicious!! I just put the bananas in the freezer, can't wait!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have this layered with overnight oats for breakfast. Like a parfait. It's awesome.