What rewards have you set for reaching milestones?

Options
In the past, I've tried setting rewards for when I reach a weight loss goal. In the past, I've always given up before reaching said goal. This time I was thinking of getting/doing something awesome when I really do reach my goal. My first thought is to get the tattoo that I've wanted for a few years now. The way I figure it, this will also give me time to save up for it :) Any thoughts/ suggestions/ advice?

Replies

• MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a really good idea to me!

I'm thinking about making a trip to Victoria's Secret and buying a special set of something nice as my reward!
  • jobee3
    jobee3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to a massage and a mani/pedi at a nice spa!
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I hit 200 (haven't been there in around 15 years) I will get my very first tattoo!
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Most belly dancers have a substance abuse habit, and that substance is belly dance costumes!!! Professional costumes run about $400 and up, and I'm like a damn magpie -- I see something sparkly and shiny and I MUST HAVE IT. I've told myself I'm not buying another one until I've lost 15lbs. Every 15 lbs, I will reward myself with a new costume. Bonus: I will look better in that costume than I would have if I bought it right now. So there.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    The tattoo sounds like a great reward!
    It's funny 'cause I just looked back to see what my milestone rewards were because I'm coming up on my first. It feels surreal because I didn't think I would ever get there and now here we are. I may change them but as they stand. I find it funny that my rewards are more exercise lol

- 1st Goal: 200 [add Zumba to exercise schedule]
    - 2nd Goal: 180 [reward Carmen Electra's striptease DVD]
    - 3rd Goal: 160 [reward - join striptease class]
    - Final Goal: 140

I splurged on a Glamour portrait thing so maybe that will be my new 1st goal reward (since I already added a few Zumba classes and didn't really like it.)
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    When I get to my goal weight I'm going to seriously start looking at wedding dresses. :) It's a big motivator for me. I haven't cheated in 20 days, I haven't binged in 20 days. It's actually been really nice.
  • mytime44me
    mytime44me Posts: 35
    Options
    I have a gift certificate for an hour massage that I am waiting to use when I reach my goal weight. It is at a beautiful resort spa on Pensacola Beach, Florida.
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    I have tried to think about this and even though I'd LOVE to reward myself when I reach my goal weight by going to Disney World for a week (it was the photos of my last trip to Disneyland Paris that made me aware I needed to lose the weight, so I'd love to go back and re-shoot!), I can't think of any other 'little' rewards I might need for 10-15lb mini-goals.

I think losing the weight is its own reward, but I do make a post on Facebook about my weight loss success every 10lbs :) mainly so I don't end up spamming my FB with weight loss stuff every time I lose a pound, but still allow my family to be updated on my health and fitness :)
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    [quote

I think losing the weight is its own reward, but I do make a post on Facebook about my weight loss success every 10lbs :) mainly so I don't end up spamming my FB with weight loss stuff every time I lose a pound, but still allow my family to be updated on my health and fitness :)
    [/quote]
  • tracyanne23
    Options
    I think its not just the weight to look forward to its a new you..Even tho i will always be a so called BIG GIRL by nature im german and polish so im a round kinda girl.lol but at least I can look forward to a new look at people and how i can enjoy life with out thinking Im fat ...I will be health and haven a smile all the time..and its like what Ive heard, day by day..thats all you can do.look at the next day not the week..
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options

Me too! I just lost my first 10 lbs and I had to brag on fb lol
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My goals are very simple. Feeling better; looking better, being able to fit into my 'size smaller' clothies, and having my Dr. be proud of me. Remember it's the simple things in life that are most valuable... :heart:
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I get my hair done for every 10 pounds I lose. Short term goals keep me realistic.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    photo shoot!
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I haven't set any rewards and have wondered about that. Should I reward myself for something I should be doing anyway? If so do you reward for every 10, 20 or 25 pounds? I lose 1 pound a week but there is a lot of effort that goes into losing that pound.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My reward for losing 100 lbs was the 100 lbs. I'm not going to reward myself for something I should have never let happen in the first place. My true reward is being able to do fun things outside again that I've been missing out on for the past 15 years.
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    my mum said that if i lose a stone, she'll give me £100 :') which will help nicely for uni so that's definitely a good reward!
  • shenson2522
    shenson2522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started up again and this time I decided to set 3 month goals. If both my husband and I reach our goal in 3 months we are going to buy annual passes to Disneyland. This is the first time that my husband as been serious about losing weight. We really want those passes. :)
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I gotta do the short term and by short term I mean every 5! haha- every other 5 I buy a REALLY nice cappuccino. Its something I gave up drinking because I don't want to spend calories on it. Then I do fitness things for small ones like 10-20 etc. Like new water bottle, new workout top, etc. The BIG ones 50, 80 etc. I buy something REALLY nice, like a coach purse, or an expensive new bathing suite. When I reach my goal I am going to have budoir photographs taken :-) Before I NEVER would have dreamed to have photos taken of me half naked.

Its what keeps you motivated that counts! For me I get lost in the "gluttony" of life WAY to easily so I need really small goals to keep me on track.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Once I get below 300 (about 33 lbs to go) I will be buying new clothes. Can't wait! After that, I really don't know.