Before & after (7weeks post-op tummy tuck) 45 lbs down!

2»

Replies

• fantastic!
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    They did a really good job!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    You look great! I get a tummy tuck when I reach my goal. That is the deal with my husband.
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    you look and great and I am sure you now feel as good as you look.

Some day I will treat myself to a tummy tuck too, did you have to pay out of pocket? And if you don't mind me asking how much? I would love to have it deemed a medical necesity to be payed for my insurance :smile:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    the transformation is amazing!

congrats on losing the first 45#!! your dedication is inspiring!!
    good luck on this last bit to go--you will for sure achieve what you want!!
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Looks great! My belly looks like your before shot... Like you, I've had multiple kids... 5 to be exact! Good luck losing the last 30!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    and look great!! Congratulations!!
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    you look and great and I am sure you know feel as good as you look.

Some day I will treat myself to a tummy tuck too, did you have to pay out of pocket? And if you don't mind me asking how much> I would love to have it deemed medical necesity to payed for my insurance :smile:

I paid for about half out of pocket ($4,000), but insurance picked up the rest because of the documentation of problems due to the size of the apron. Good luck to you too & thanks!
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    I hope this is not too personal, but what kind of problems did you have documented that prompted the insurance to pick up part of the cost? Was this something your surgeon did for you or was there a process before surgery that you had to go through and have documented?
  • wrk4mine
    wrk4mine Posts: 11
    :smile: look great:smile:
    :smile: :smile:
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    How was the recovery on that tt. It looks great btw.
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • jpowell3976
    I hope this is not too personal, but what kind of problems did you have documented that prompted the insurance to pick up part of the cost? Was this something your surgeon did for you or was there a process before surgery that you had to go through and have documented?

There was a process. When I lost 30ish lbs, the apron caused rashes during/after exercise and I needed prescriptions to help. After so many, the TT became medical and not cosmetic.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    looks great girl!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!
  • jpowell3976
    How was the recovery on that tt. It looks great btw.

I had a fleur de lis tummy tuck which removes more skin then a normal tummy tuck. I had 3 drains than I had to "milk" every couple of hours through out the day everyday and record how much each one put out. The first week was rough. Second week was a little better. I know a few people that only took off a week, but they had a traditional tuck and were down to one drain at the end of the first week. I had my drains for...well, the first came out at 3 weeks, then 4, and then 5 weeks. By week 2, I was off of my pain meds. Tylenol did what I needed for then next 2 weeks. I had to sleep in a recliner for right at 4 weeks as well. I also had to walk for 5 mins every 4 hours to prevent blood clots (I still ended up with one traveling to my lung...ugh! Such a fluke thing!). I was able to start cardio (walking for 30 mins max) again at 4 weeks. Most of the pain was from how tight my muscles were following the surgery...lol! The incisions were numb...some still are!

Hope that helps/covers everything...lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!