Hi I'm new, looking for friends and support

Options
2»

Replies

• MissKaitD
    MissKaitD Posts: 76
    Options
    I am new here as well and I must say that I absolutely love the website so far! I have tried calorie counting apps and things before but this one is the best one. It definitely holds me accountable for what I eat and do each day and I love that! Plus I want to share with other people my journey and I want to be inspired but other peoples journeys as well. Weight loss is the biggest battle that I am facing in my life right now..and i refuse to let weight slow me down or hold me back!!!!!!!!! I look forward to talking with you all, and good luck on your individual weight loss goals

Xo- MissKait
  • jht24
    jht24 Posts: 1
    Options
    Another newbie! Been working out for about 2 weeks now, but have a long way to go.

I've been playing with the app on my iPhone for a bit now though and can't believe how comprehensive it is!

Anyway, feel free to add me.... I know I'll need all the friends I can get to stick with this, lol
  • pacarolinagirl
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Trying to get back in triathlon shape from having back surgery. Put on weight of course so now I gotta get it back off. Just keep moving forward & pay attention to what you eat. :smile:
  • edwardbona
    Options
    Hello everyone im very new to this a friend said this comunity is the place to be so im here
    Ive always been vary large and ive grow to become use to it but i souldnt have
    Now i hopping to do something about it
    Starting now
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • mytime3264
    Options
    Hi,

I know it's not easy losing weight and trying not to over eat especially when you are with someone who can eat whatever and whenever. But you can friend me and I'll be able to help encourage you to stay on track. I started a group here at work and we send each other encouraging messages and help keep one another on track.

Machelle:smile:
  • britn3y
    britn3y Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey I'm also new aswell , you can add me I'm looking for support and friends to help me reach my goals thanks
  • Martmag1
    Martmag1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some friends along my journey too...would love an additional friend for my road to success..and I am sure I can lend a helping hand along the way:heart:
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new as well. I started my journey about two weeks ago but just found MFP last week. I would love to be a part of your support group, feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • healthnuttxo
    Options
    Hey guys,
    YOU CAN DO THIS! Eating right and incorporating exercise that you actually enjoy is much less daunting than it may seem. Make simple swaps at first, (swap regular for diet coke, a whole cup of pasta for 1/2 a cup) and then tackle bigger changes as you progress. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :)
    Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm always here!
    -Lisa
  • perkamer
    perkamer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am a returning person. I am more committed now and using a personal trainer to provide me with motivation when times are tough. I have tried a lot of things on my own and I usually lose motivation after about 2 months and I am hoping to try and gain friends here and using a personal trainer to keep pushing me to stay motivated so I can reach my goals. Every bit of support helps right? Add me as well
  • Dis_in_te_Gration
    Options
    Good luck on your journey to fit and healthy! I will motivate!
  • Lindsey1619
    Lindsey1619 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lindsey and I am 28. In the past five years I have had two kids and my thyroid shut down on me. I have had a hard time regulating my thyroid and keeping motivated to lose weight. My next option is weight loss surgery that scares the hell out of me but it’s my last resort if I can’t do this on my own. I am a single mother of a 5 year old girl and a 2 year old boy and I weigh over 300lbs. I want and need to lose weight so that I can take care of my kids and be active with them as well. I need to be healthier but I need support from others in the same situations. Wish you all luck in meeting your goals as I know it’s not easy.
  • SBlost
    SBlost Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome, this is my second time using MFP. The first time I got discouraged after losing a few pounds and then I couldnt lose any more. I didnt have friends the first time but I am giving it another try and making more friends. You can add me if you would like and anyone else can add me too.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I so hear you on living with a skinny guy who can eat anything! My DH weighs 137 and eats what he likes (though I do cook healthy meals). My goal is weigh something close to him!

And while I have had 4 kids, people have asked me more times than I care to admit if I am pregnant - nothing worse (though I do have that shape, but really people should keep their mouths shut!).

Feel free to add me on this journey to get fit!